St Mirren -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Was on Twitter earlier on that replay is this Tuesday at 1945 which isn't a European midweek so Sky getting it maybe?

Hope it is because last game I saw was Derby 1-1 and that was a recording of match as I was working bur due to fact I have Sky score updates, I knew score so it was easier to watch.

Very surprised Saints agreed to this but they must have done?

Very surprised Saints agreed to this but they must have done?

dates are set by SFA in advance so nothing to agree to .... unless one side asks to have it changed for some reason or there is a change for TV

Sounds like we missed some guilt edged chances. But hey, i'll take a replay over a defeat anyday.

However i will say, If tickets are priced over £10 for adults, you could be looking at a very very low crowd. Less than 1000 for sure

Edited by ForzaCaley

Surely St M still not happy though, having to travel a long distance on a midweek.

Should have let us win the game then

Will give you that one as its a great reply haha.

Edited by Shaun

I thought we were very poor in the first half. We struggled to create anything of note and Saint Mirren maintained an intense pressing game and didn't give us much time to settle on the ball. Williams and Ross in particular seemed to be struggling on the ball and on a good few occasions we passed the ball straight out of play such was our disjointed performance. We seemed to be playing extremely narrow. Williams and Ross at times were tucked in alongside Vincent and Draper. Any width came from Shinnie and Raven who had next to no help to try and stretch the Buddies back line.

Disappointing goal to concede. We didn't clear the corner and when the ball appeared on the opposite flank from where the corner was taken a nice wee cut back found McAusland and he spun and buried the ball beyond Brill. 

We were certainly better in the second half but as has been mentioned above we struggled when we got into the final third with a number of wayward shots sent high over the bar from good positions or simply a final ball that was lacking in quality which never got close to its intended target. Thankfully we did get an equaliser. Saints couldn't clear a corner this time and after four or five attempts at goal, all of which were blocked, Meekings smashed the ball into the net. Thereafter we continued to dominate but still couldn't really create many clear cut chances. When your best efforts are falling to your right back you know something isn't clicking up front.

Draper should have been sent off. We got a break there.

A poor first half but had chances to score before St Mirren got their goal with probably their first (and last) shot on target all game. Second half was almost total domination but we couldn't see the job out. The equalizer spurred us on but it wasn't to be. We seemed shot at times and some golden chances were squandered especially Raven..but he is a defender after all...I suppose..but not an excuse..really. We missed Marley. I thought Aaron would have started but Nicky got the nod there. He did well bit I think Aaron would have skinned them. At least Marley and Greg will be back for the replay (I think). In the end a disappointing draw but at least we'll make loads of money in the sell out Tuesday night replay!!!! :blink:

Why are St Mirren v ICT highlights listed on BBC Sports News, under ICT, but are actually of Falkirk v Hamilton or some other team I don't want to see. I bet the BBC do not get Celtic or Man Utd highlights mixed up with "lower" teams on the website. Poor show BBC, very poor show.

The Saint Mirren v ICT highlights are contained in the same video as the Partick v Hamilton ones which is why you see them at the start.

Silly me!   Senior moment - or just too eager to see ICT.  Thanks for info - watch the whole clip now.

Much as I consider myself a solid BBC man, totally agree with the comments above.  Considering all teams were Premier league sides, we only get moments to fill two and half minutes, some of which is interviews?  And one of those shown is currently joint-top of the highest league in the land.

Meantime, we can get two and half minutes of a non-league side playing a League One (2nd Div) team, 7 and a half of one Championship (Div 1) team playing a team in the upper league and fully 9 minutes of another such pairing!

Very poor show BBC.  It's almost as if we are beneath your notice. 

Edited by FoolPhysio
  • Agree 1