Alan Archibald and David McCracken free agents in summer - thoughts!

Council Juice

It might be worth having a look at Archibald who can play in the middle and full back positions in defence. Dundee Utd aren't going to be giving him or McCracken a new deal in summer so perhaps we should get in there. I mean i know they are playing for the worst team ever, i still thing ICT could get the best out of them.

to be blatantly honest i've never really seen either play. All i know is Archibald was highly rated a couple of years back. Could have just been being in Dundee made him bad?!

And im sure i've heard a few good things aboot McCracken but i couldnt be sure.

Guest Arab4Ever

Archie was excellent in his first season when he played at left back. Then he moved into the centre and his form plummeted. Cant pass but very reliable. Throughout his 4 years at Tannadice he never missed a single game through injury or suspension. Expect he will end up at Partick.

Shame to see Phil go too but after 9 years at Tanny and never really breaking through its best for him to move on. He certainly has potential and I reckon he will end up at another SPL team.

Remember Archibald is still very young and has the height and physical attributes needed to be a good centre half in Scotland where half the defending is from set plays. if the right manager took a chance and worked with him I think he could be a very good player... I'd take him at ICT.

Guest kingkojak

seems a bit odd to be considering taking defenders from a team which has conceeded by far the highest number of goals in the league   :006:

Guest Arab4Ever

Remember Archibald is still very young and has the height and physical attributes needed to be a good centre half in Scotland where half the defending is from set plays. if the right manager took a chance and worked with him I think he could be a very good player... I'd take him at ICT.

Are you meaning Dave McCracken? Archie is 29 and not that high....

We take players from county and the likes and make them SPL standard. So why not these two?

Because they have been in the SPL and not really performed all that well to warrant them being brought to ICT.

Guest Arab4Ever

Inside man?  :015: :015: :015:

Try the Partick Thistle website which had the story some time ago -> http://ptfc.co.uk/pressbox/news.asp?id=907

You must be gutted that Robson is signing a 4 year deal at Partick?

Yeh inside man was in inverted comma things for a reason, it was kind of a dig as everyone seems to have one. I dunno what time that article went online but I was texted by a mate around 2pm with the info. Im guessing that was his source.

Yeh inside man was in inverted comma things for a reason, it was kind of a dig as everyone seems to have one. I dunno what time that article went online but I was texted by a mate around 2pm with the info. Im guessing that was his source.

I doubt even 1% of the people on here who claim to have an "inside man" actually have one.

Guest Arab4Ever

I doubt even 1% of the people on here who claim to have an "inside man" actually have one.

if even that