Inverness CT -V- Partick Th

Scotty

Have to agree with what has been said bad day at the office move on we haven't become a bad side over night but Partick seem to have our number at the moment. Its all about the response and the way we have been playing i am confident we can bounce back quickly. Wasn't at the game so cant comment on performance wise but we should have gone 1 up before they scored and we had what looked like a perfectly fine goal disallowed when 3-0 down which may not have changed much but at least would have given us something. It was a missed opportunity with Dundee utd losing and with Hamilton and Aberdeen winning it has become very tight in the top 5 but we remain second. 

We could hardly get out our own half, had difficulty putting a couple of passes together. We were second to every ball, assistant and ref had a shocker. But apart from that ok. Pretty Baltic today also. Only time I was warm was when I spilled my bovril on my leg. Ach well,..... Wonder what will happen to the two lads that jumped onto the pitch. Can't afford to lose anyone.

These things happen in football sometimes.

Partick won't play better than that all season - and they produced that performance on a day where every one of our players, to a man, was honking.

It might have been very different had Watkins not squandered that early chance.

Tactically I thought we were poor - Partick picked a team with plenty of energy in midfield, which allowed them to press high and stop our midfield from having any time on the ball.  They also used their full backs as a very effective out ball, knowing that our diamond midfield would be very narrow.  Elliott (who looked well offside in the build up to the opener) and Higginbotham had a lot of joy getting in behind us when Shinnie and Raven were caught up the pitch.  Really we should have gone back to 4-2-3-1 early on.  That said, all the goals we lost were shocking from a defensive point of view.  Brill should have come for the first, and we were all over the shop for the second and third.

The fourth was partly down to our ploy of leaving three men up when we're defending corners.  It's suicide.  We can't afford to leave anyone on the posts, nor do we have enough men back to deny opponents clear space to attack the ball.  Balatoni was able to get a run and jump without any impediment whatsoever.

I'm not sure what the point of bringing on Doran and Christie for the last 25mins was.  Talk about an exercise in futility.  They should have been on as soon as it went to 0-3, if not at half-time.

Onwards, then.  Hopefully this was a blip rather than our bubble being burst.

All in all, I thought we were beaten by the better team today. Partick Thistle done really well with keeping the ball on the ground and moved the ball a lot quicker and catching us on the fast break which ultimately saw them come out comfortable winners today.

I felt that after such a good performance at Dens, Christie and Doran should have been in the starting eleven today but we kept things very similar and played pretty much like we did in the first half of the game last weekend. 

Got to win next weekend - United and Aberdeen only a point behind. 

These idiots that ran on to the pitch are not only an embarrassment to themselves but they have embarrassed Caley Thistle. Our club does not need fans like this.

Who knows what the consequences of this will be for the club. Will we need to pay out for more stewards? Will the club face a fine or any other sanction.

So yes the silly little boys that ran onto the pitch do need dealt with and made to face up to their irresponsible actions.

Gutless performance ,lucky to get away losing only 4

Absolutely no pass marks today except for maybe David Ravven

Eh?   Raven is a feckin donkey !   we need a right back for sure.    no ICT player can put their hand up and say they tried today, they were a total mess, no effort no attitude and def. no idea how to combat Parpricks in the face football.

Brill also needs to look at his performance, he was a shambles apart from his one good save.

Really disappointed with the team.  hope this in not a collapse like last season at this stage.