Transfer Window approaching.

Guest Shaun

It is not long now (in over a fortnight) until transfer window opens for January and I read on Twitter that Hughes wants 1-2 players in so was wondering if that means departures in order to get these in or additional funds from Kenny.

In my opinion, its more important to keep our best players intact but tbh, both Horner and Sekajja must be expected to leave and if they do, 2 strikers would be my hope from the wages available.

I reckon its going to be a long and nervy Jan regarding transfer window, not matches.

In all honesty, I don't think we will have a busy January transfer window. As I understand it, Sekajja will be leaving the club when his deal is up (according to the courier) I can't see Lewis Horner leaving the club until at least his deal is up in the summer - unless he scored a loan deal elsewhere till summer.

I really can't envision Graeme Shinnie leaving until his deal expires too. It would take a big transfer fee to make him or Watkins, Meekings, Mckay and Tansey etc to move in January.

I think we may recruit a couple loans for back up but I am not bothered about bringing in anyone if it meant that we can get new deals signed for Watkins and co.

• Agree 1

Even if there is little activity in the window, the speculation is really unsettling: it's had an impact on us over the last couple of years. Hopefully, we can just fly under the radar this year and keep the momentum going, but I hope Shinnie and Christie in particular can keep focused when all the cr@p starts to fly about!

Even if there is little activity in the window, the speculation is really unsettling: it's had an impact on us over the last couple of years. Hopefully, we can just fly under the radar this year and keep the momentum going, but I hope Shinnie and Christie in particular can keep focused when all the cr@p starts to fly about!

I don't buy that and that's not me being a happy-clapper saying the boys are perfect in every way etc etc.

I think we have a decent, well ground bunch of lads. I don't buy into them being sidetracked by interest from other clubs. This annual slump that we've had in the past seasons have been because of various other reasons such as transitional period, Heavy pitches and large amount of games.

Of course, interest from other clubs can't be ignored but the lads are professional enough to keep a 'one game at a time' mind set.

If Sekajja does leave then we will need another striker in to cover for Billy again.

Dont see us selling anyone, especially key lads like Shinnie and Billy, unless the offers are astronomical. 

If Sekajja does leave then we will need another striker in to cover for Billy again.

Dont see us selling anyone, especially key lads like Shinnie and Billy, unless the offers are astronomical.

I don't think there is much of need as much as there used to be. Watkins has put decent shifts up front, Christie could play up there and obviously Mckay. That's three decent cover and also you have Calum Ferguson in the U20s who could be considered a fourth back up. It's disappointing that Sekajja is not getting the game time to show what he can do but that's been the case many times before (Agdestein, Winall, Oswell etc.)

I don't think there is much of need as much as there used to be. Watkins has put decent shifts up front, Christie could play up there and obviously Mckay. That's three decent cover and also you have Calum Ferguson in the U20s who could be considered a fourth back up. It's disappointing that Sekajja is not getting the game time to show what he can do but that's been the case many times before (Agdestein, Winall, Oswell etc.)

Calum Ferguson is a great striker and should be given the game time he deserves for what he has done in the U20's 

Think I read somewhere that the window will be closing late on Monday 2nd February.

You are correct because by the laws of the game it never shuts at the weekend

I am not sure we really need cover for Billy. We have a lot of strength going forward and plenty of players who can score. We have already played this season without a recognised striker on the pitch so why not do it again. I can't see this window being a busy one for the club but I think the summer window will be if the likes of Shinne goes and clubs showing serious interests in young Ryan Christie. Summer will no doubt be I interesting time for the club

I am feeling a little bit apprehensive about the transfer window, We have in the Squad a lot of good targets and any Scouts worth their salts will have reported back to their Clubs all over the country that there are a lot of good pickings at Inverness. Especially after the progress of our ex players A.Shinnie, Hayes and  Rooney this season.

If I was a scout watching, I wouldn't be telling my boss to buy Mckay, he's missed his chance of a big money move, he is no longer a feared player by other SPFL teams. He will probably go for free to a Championship/League One side at the end of the season though.

We certainly need a goalscorer because, apart from Dundee, Mckay been on a goal drought.

Can't see Sekajja getting a longer contract due to not playing.

Imo, get rid of him and Horner and get in, either 2 strikers or 1 Striker and midfielder. Ferguson deserves a chance imo.

Rumour mill in full swing. From the most suspect looking website ever:

Hearts, Peterbrough and Bradford after Mckay

Hearts after Watkins

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/bradford-city/transfer-talk/news/bradford-enter-mckay-chase_196064.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by RiG

Give Ferguson some time in the first team? He's a skillful,hard working lad isn't he and he probably deserves this?

Bringing him in will also send a message to first team players that all must play well to retain their position and that you are always only  as good, relatively speaking, as your last two games. :smile:

Billy--unable to determine the problem from this distance (i.e over 5,000 miles away)  but either he simply is not getting the service and through balls that he got before the slump or he  is having a loss of confidence or something. But if CT get a very good offer then ....maybe it's time to move him along in his career where a new club might re-kindle the verve and timing etc. Of course, then the question arises...who do you put in his place?

• Agree 1

That's a really interesting post RiG. It must so difficult for a manager to know what to do when players are nearing the end of their contracts but haven't yet commited, particularly when on a limited budget.

I suppose you have to assume that those not signing are going to be moving on. If Shinnie and Billy agree to pre-contracts, at least it 'buys' us time. Obviously don't want to lose them but I fear we're going to lose somebody this window.

My feelings too, great shame if we do I would like to have seen the lads stick together for another season at least.

Either way J H is thinking along the right lines. He is putting the team first and that is as it should be. Hopefully his own contract will be extended soon, we don't want him having itchy feet, he has done us proud to date.

• Agree 1

Hughes seems to be expecting Shinnie and Mckay to move on and is (allegedly) looking for replacements:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30638895?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Heard at the game last Sunday that Mckay was actually intending to re-signing for us whereas Watkins and Ross were looking at other options.

Meekings and Raven should also be re-signing.

Robbie Savage appears to be linking Ryan Christie with Burnley on the BBC website, reviewing who needs what in the EPL....although seems a strange signing if you are looking for survival, as he is still a kid

Doing my best to link Shinnie with Palace (if he's going I want him down here) perhaps Frazier Campbell in p/x if I had my way

Some Twitter chat about Birmingham having a bid accepted for Shinnie and he is likely to be away soonish. Source seems to be Ewan Murray. Think of that what you will.

Edited by RiG

Ewan Murray was the one who said Yogi had the ICT job when everyone else thought it was guaranteed to be Hartley.  Due to his position, I would there's a good chance there's some truth in it unfortunately.