Fav ICT Moments of 2014

old caley girl

Has to be Considine's push on Richie in the final few minutes at Celtic Park that stopped him heading the winner and us winning our first big national cup. We were that close!!! Aberdeen should have had a player sent off and ICT awarded a late penalty. But that is football. It was a spectacular day out.

On another front, it has to be Yogi's ability to keep smiling. Football management is massively stressful but Yogi keeps on smiling. No other SPL Manager can match him. 

Off topic a little bit, my favourite non ICT moment was discovering that the ICT Hitler video of Derek Adams was in fact a very accurate representation of his total gurning and authoritarian nature. Second favourite was Terry Butcher being exposed just as IHE had psycho-analysed.

• Agree 1

Lazy cut and paste from a similar topic of your five favourite footballing moments of 2014. Two aren't strictly ICT but there are (tenuous) links to us so they can stay in for all I care!

1) ICT 2 - 2 Hearts (ICT win 4 - 2 on penalties) League Cup Semi Final

Down to nine men, going into injury time and trailing 2 - 1. Up steps Nick Ross to fire home the equaliser and send the game into extra time. A great Dean Brill save from Hamillin the penalty spot and ICT eventually, against all the odds, win the shoot out and are off to their first major final ever. Let's ignore the final though :(

2) Ross County 0 - 3 ICT

An absolute pumping of Ross County at a venue where we hadn't won in 10 years (although mos of those years we were in separate divisions). I like the Staggies fan at around 4:50 who makes to throw a bottle at Watkins but thinks better of it and backs down.

3) Terry Butcher joining Hibs

I was disappointed to see him go to Hibs but in a fabulous bout of schadenfreude ICT fans were able to see Butcher fail spectacularly and take Hibs into the SFL1 after a laughable run of results. I suspect he won't regret the move but sometimes I do wonder what we might have achieved that season had he stayed with us.

Still :laugh:

post-19-0-45486000-1420052286.jpg

4) My favourite ICT goal of 2014 this Aaron Doran strike v Ross County in another derby win in Dingwall

5) Jamie Hamill v Derek Adams. Nothing more needs to be said here :laugh:

ib8U9LG00Rlxr_zpsoyihcsge.gif
Edited by RiG
  • Agree 7

9 men we only need 9 men definitely the best feeling at a ICT game of 2014

Need a few years to see if that game or super caley go ballistic is my favourite (hearts edge it because my boys talk about it all the time)

• Agree 1