Hearn says3 items retading the game in Scotl

Scarlet Pimple

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30317051

Hearn says self-pity, poor belief in  ourselves together with a lack of promotion of our game, plus lack of alcohol and dithering on whether or not to go over to Summer football, is severely holding back Scorttish football.

Since I agree wholeheartedly, with some reservations about the re-introduction of alcohol to the terraces, I will not say another word . This article is explicit and is a very good start to implementation of programmes.

He does declare that standing is now allowed throughout the game but local authorities are holding back on the issuance of certificates to allow this and so .........?

I actually disagree with him on the "Poor Belief" thing.

IMO, the fans in this country have a great deal of belief in Scottish Football.  Sadly, and it's rather criminal, the media do not portray or reflect that belief and, even worse still, the SFA & SPFL are selling us short....something that the media are also guilty of doing.

If people in this country were so lacking in belief then why do more people in Scotland (per head of population) attend games than almost anywhere else on the planet?

• Agree 1

tm4tj--so you norticed that did you? :crazy:

I was just scarting around and you will get old too one day. Sniff. :lol:

My eyes are dim I cannot see.
So please stop criticizing me

Amnd if you do I'll try to be

A better fan just like you and not like me. :scotland:  :canada:

I/m a Canajin don't yo7u see

Why don';t you come over 'ere and visit me

Then I'sll show you a good time in the land of the free

Lik3e davie Camneron ands his ilk

Wjho loves Canajin Pensioners to bilk...aaargh!

I actually disagree with him on the "Poor Belief" thing.

IMO, the fans in this country have a great deal of belief in Scottish Football.  Sadly, and it's rather criminal, the media do not portray or reflect that belief and, even worse still, the SFA & SPFL are selling us short....something that the media are also guilty of doing.

If people in this country were so lacking in belief then why do more people in Scotland (per head of population) attend games than almost anywhere else on the planet?

Some club chairmen such as Stewart Milne talking the game down don't help either the reality or the perception of our game nor does the obsession with the rancid cesspit of corruption and mismanagement that was once Glasgow Rangers.

• Agree 1