Disgrace that is the Ferry of today

• 2 weeks later...

Macbraynes and Highland, Greigs used to be grey and orange and operated from Telford Street opposite the old Caley park, I bet IHE has not got a photo of them!

Learning all the time, I didn't know there was Greigs buses in Inverness in days gone by.  The Greigs I remember from the late 60's & early 70's  just had a few coaches.

William Greig at the age of 12 in 1918 started work as a conductor with Roderick MacLennan proprietor of the bus service between the town centre and Kessock Ferry. He was able to purchase the company in 1927 and as previously said sold out to Alexanders in 1947

A Bristol Lodekka LD6G from 1957 the year I was born, the driver must have taken a wrong turning from Edinburgh a run that would have taken most of the day or it was on loan to Highland as they were all part of the Scottish Bus Group.

Notice the girls with the platform soles the photo would be early 70's, they are reading books nowadays they would be texting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...