Anyone Recognise ?

Island of Scotland.....Inverness harbour the big shed behind the train was opposite the Citadel bar and the one to the left is the old Thornbush Slipway building. 

The "Island of Sodor" reference was merely a nod to Thomas The Tank Engine!

And he was me thinking it was somewhere exotic you had been to Charles :crazy:

No, Sodor is a makebelieve island apparently next door to the Isle of Man which was created by the Rev W Awdry as the location of his Thomas stories. (Now my grandson is approaching 2, I'm getting right back into Thomas the Tank Engine after a 25 year break!)

Island of Scotland.....Inverness harbour the big shed behind the train was opposite the Citadel bar and the one to the left is the old Thornbush Slipway building. 

The "Island of Sodor" reference was merely a nod to Thomas The Tank Engine!

And he was me thinking it was somewhere exotic you had been to Charles :crazy:

No, Sodor is a makebelieve island apparently next door to the Isle of Man which was created by the Rev W Awdry as the location of his Thomas stories. (Now my grandson is approaching 2, I'm getting right back into Thomas the Tank Engine after a 25 year break!)

I would have been concerned if you hadn't said about your grandson!

• Agree 2

More likely his Dad, Scarlet

Might be his grandfather I am sure Charlie is to young to have worked there!  You  are right Scarlet there is a resemblance.

It's the hair, man, Dead ringer, like.  :lol:

I was watching the film HAIR the other night. Corny , yes , but kinda cute too,. Some of the soliloquy songs were long and well-rehearsed and did send a message. I.e. you had to think,.

Nowadays if it isn;t about sex or drugs  etc it's not even on. I often wonder why they even bother to put in the warnings about violence and sexual content and foul language. That's all just par for the course in these times.  So stop being semi-apologetic about this, you just know it brings in the money and that's all you REALLY care about ,not moral turpitude or the like. :sad:

Brown Bucks Head jotters!! :smile:

Remember them with all the tables of Imperial measurements on the back. Yards, ounces, pints, drams, acres, roods, furlongs.... and bushels! A bushel was an Imperial measure of capacity which was equal to eight gallons. Various standard versions of it were kept around the country so traders' measures could be verified and this is persumably the Inverness one.

It was great getting the free card from school although not a strong swimmer the card was well used.

Yeh... it saved you a fortune. We used to get the 4 o'clock bus from Dalneigh after school and got in for nothing with the cards. Then you stayed in as long as you could until you were thrown out when an attendant examined your hands and discovered that your finget tips were wrinkled.

It was great getting the free card from school although not a strong swimmer the card was well used.

Yeh... it saved you a fortune. We used to get the 4 o'clock bus from Dalneigh after school and got in for nothing with the cards. Then you stayed in as long as you could until you were thrown out when an attendant examined your hands and discovered that your finget tips were wrinkled.

Did you get the bus free as well or did you have to pay?