Let's go out of Sneck

Cant get the one on the other side of the camper with the big nose......................no not the woman the black car :wink:

Got it now its a Bentley S3, posh picnic at the beach that day

• 2 weeks later...

The Lovat Arms Hotel in Fort Augustus, the owners in the 60's were the Sabin's who lived in the hotel on the second floor on the left side, I was in primary school with the eldest son Neil and used to play putting on the green after school if there was nobody else on it. 

The Lovat Arms Hotel in Fort Augustus, the owners in the 60's were the Sabin's who lived in the hotel on the second floor on the left side, I was in primary school with the eldest son Neil and used to play putting on the green after school if there was nobody else on it. 

Was there a younger brother called Mike? I remember a Mike Sabin who attended the Royal Academy in the mid 70s and was quite a good rugby player and javelin thrower. Indeed I also vaguely recollect that he may have earlier been a pupil at Fort Augustus Abbey School. (I wonder why his parents withdrew him?:ohmy:)

Was there a younger brother called Mike? I remember a Mike Sabin who attended the Royal Academy in the mid 70s and was quite a good rugby player and javelin thrower. Indeed I also vaguely recollect that he may have earlier been a pupil at Fort Augustus Abbey School. (I wonder why his parents withdrew him?:ohmy:)

There was 2 younger brothers but I cant remember their names, I think they sold the hotel in the 70's but not sure where they went.  I don't think they would have attended the Abby School though.

image.jpg

Is that not one of the toll houses, but I'm not sure if it's the A9 or A96?

A862 (old A9) the Clachnaharry toll house with Blackpark Filling Station beyond and not a house in sight on the hill.

My Uncle Jimmy was a Ghillie up Mullardoch Estate but used to cut the grass at the hotel for a whisky fee.

Loch Mullardoch used to be one of my favourite fishing haunts in the sixties, I went back there five years ago and was shocked to see the mess someone had made trying to make access for mooring boats. Also sad to see the old wooden bridge had gone on the approach road. I should have known there would be changes during the intervening years , what is it called again?.............Oh yes 

PROGRESS!