IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Let's go out of Sneck

Recommended Posts

It's gotta be High Street and I'm sure I'm in there somewhere !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JockWatt said:

It's gotta be High Street and I'm sure I'm in there somewhere !

Not a High Street Jock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ?  Not even Inversneckie ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IBM said:

And where is this?

 

old-photograph.jpg

Looks a bit like Bridge Street in Wick to me. It's maybe 1920s and the statue left of centre, which seems to be on the at ide of the river, is no longer there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Looks a bit like Bridge Street in Wick to me. It's maybe 1920s and the statue left of centre, which seems to be on the at ide of the river, is no longer there.

Yes, must be with shop owners called Dunnet and a Begg. That is the War Memorial at the far end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Looks a bit like Bridge Street in Wick to me. It's maybe 1920s and the statue left of centre, which seems to be on the at ide of the river, is no longer there.

 

1 hour ago, weeman said:

Yes, must be with shop owners called Dunnet and a Begg. That is the War Memorial at the far end 

Yes that's it I don't have a date but Charles would be right or early 30's at the latest, the war memorial is still there beside the roundabout at the south side of the bridge with the hospital on the hill above it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, IBM said:

 

Yes that's it I don't have a date but Charles would be right or early 30's at the latest, the war memorial is still there beside the roundabout at the south side of the bridge with the hospital on the hill above it.

Yes, I think I got a little confused over the War Memorial. In the photo, I placed it where the roundabout now is so thought it had gone but I've slightly underestimated the depth of field to where it actually is beside and not on the roundabout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That must have been their summer day for that year :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, IBM said:

And where is this?

 

old-photograph.jpg

Given the likely date of this photo, it's entirely possible that my mother or my father or any of my four grandparents could be in it since all were resident in Wick at the time. My great uncle worked in a shoe shop just off the left hand margin of the photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been on this site for a while, but good to see this topic is still running.

Is this a photo of................Q*** Street, ***tr**?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both right Quay Street Portree, I have no idea of the date as there are no cars :wink: but I would guess the 50's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is a bit easier, but what is the name of the boat entering the harbour?

 

Old Photograph .jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"O" Of course. The one before the Hamnavoe

Edited by weeman
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.