Yogi Interview....

CaleyD

At 13 minutes long, it's a bit of a monster...even by Yogi standards...but it has been a bit of a week for "news".

As it covers several topics I didn't know which to post it in, so new thread for it....and maybe some revised views on various things for some after listening to it?

I know the focus will be on Shinnie and Mckay mainly, but I'd have liked to have heard at least something about Dean Brill and his injury.  One of our main and best players was stretchered off on Saturday and we haven't heard anything about it since.  I can't be the only one wondering about it.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

I know the focus will be on Shinnie and Mckay mainly, but I'd have liked to have heard at least something about Dean Brill and his injury.  One of our main and best players was stretchered off on Saturday and we haven't heard anything about it since.  I can't be the only one wondering about it.

Maybe no news is good news.

• Agree 1

Maybe no news is good news.

Maybe so, but I think it's strange that there's been no news at all.

Excellent interview. I like his "man the barricades mentality" and I'm sure he'll get the right response from the players. I was still hoping that Billy would be here on Sat so that we could give him a good send off, but sounds like there's no chance of that, so let's move on. Not sure who he has in mind for up front on Saturday, But that means he's keeping County guessing too! Would be great if he gets his target by then, but if not, we've got the players to win the game, so let's do it......in style!

• Agree 1

Well said Yogi, good interview good message sent out.

Going to be up near Invermoriston over the week end, just to find out bus times and I will be at that match and give Graeme a good

cheer of encouragement as asked, Yogi knows his man, whereas I don't, so I will dispel my original thoughts of not playing him.

Come on ICT let's see some goals I'm going to enjoy this!!

I am quite confident that someone will be brought in before Saturday but if not then Watkins/Christie/Ross will play upfront on Sat, maybe even Ferguson.

We can probably get by on Saturday but, if we are going to continue our push for Europe, we will need to recruit an experienced forward for the rest of the season.

I think you should listen to the interview again Kingsmills

I haven't listened to it at all.

Sitting here grinning -Just the pick me up I needed, he is infectious :smile: . No.1 is we're safe from relegation, we're going to make a bit of money from Billy sale and John doesn't have any doubts about G Shinnie's his captains commitment to ICT until the end of the season. And by the sounds of it no-one is going to be invited in just to make up the numbers in the squad. Need to be better than what we've got - interesting. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Agree 1

He is infectious but watch again. There was a distinct lack of conviction in what he said. He stammers quite a lot and that is not the norm - that is the diction of somebody who is not really believing what he is saying. Wjgan only made an approach 2-3 dyas ago - ah feckin ha - ? not expected ?  And he totally waffles about replacing Billy. "We are looking to get one two in" but we aint got a clue who ? Of course we will support and get together but "keeping clean sheets" and "giving another 5% each" is feckin nonsense. And then he stammers more and Auldie does not push. Great closure with the "All Together Now" - but at the end of the day WE FECKED UP and we need a break and a bit of luck with a replacement. "I am intrigued" is BULLSHITT it is more a case of "WE FECKED UP".

And in conclusion I hope Yogi / WE get a lucky break.

• Agree 3

IHE, don't you think that with the lack of available resources at the club for transfer fees for GOOD players, who also have to have a record of sufficient flexibility so that they can fi in to Mr. Hughes' scheme, then your commentary against his explanations is a tad harsh.

Also, this has all happened very quickly for everybody to really grasp the significance of it and the club can't be expected to buy in players on the supposition that any player, no matter how good or allegedly relentlessly-sought- after , will automatically be transferred on any specific day?

So John's hands are tied  until he knows the circumstances that he is actually faced-with.

It all boils down to money-- surprise, surprise. Isn't that right Oddquine? :laugh:

At least, to be fair, that's my uninformed  insight.

• Agree 1

There has and always will be a lack of available resources at ICT. That has hampered every manager in the past and probably the future so that is that. He is usually a very honest and straight talking individual and says it as it is. I have significant admiration of that. But this was an uneasy interview. The length of it only served to highlight the falseness. If anything that is one thing that Butcher excelled in. And my frustration is that it did not happen quickly. It may have ended up unexpectedly but good managers make plans in the event of a potential problem. WE did not. There should have been a fairly structured contingency plan in place. And come on SP - you do not need to be an expert in body language to see how unusually uncomfortable Yogi was during the interview.

As I have alluded to before he is high up in my admiration but he and others have clearly been too lax in this specific booboo. Let's all hope that it is an unusual and unfortunate blip and that we can still salvage what was looking like an excellent season. But adhering to the squad that we have, shuffling and not finding some kind of direct replacement fer Billy will not suffice.

• Agree 2

I was awaiting that -LOL. He is nowhere near a narcissist. He is as straight as a die and that is why he can't fabricate well. It just frustrates me that mistakes, misjudgements or boo boos have been made which are evident and many become mega defensive. The fact that such a juvenile response is uttered shows the lack of any intelligent debate.

I understand your feelings IHE and I think that you are not entirely wrong about the club's attitude but it's a question, IMHO, that the club is faced with the idiom..."you are damned if you do and damned if you don't".

As for John apparently being unusually uncomfortable, my opinion is that his attitude reflected more about his disappointment at Billy's leaving and the disruption in his plans and what he had hoped would be a very good outcome  at the end of the season as a result of his intense planning and work.

At the same time he now has to factor in the Shinnie situation so what can he do about that ?He can't include Billy in his plans really but he can't exclude him either. And what happens if that scenario changes and Shinnie does not actually go to Aberdeen? That's more tension and uncertainty in his mind as to what to do in the way of transfers. So you can hardly blame him for being somewhat nervous especially since it is not his fault that his good work leading up to these players becoming as good as they are is cruelly turned against him in a sense and giving him a lot to think about?

Time to back him unequivocally IMHO. And see if he can work some more magic. What other course is there to take at this quoite crucial point in the season.

Cheers :notworthy:

• Agree 1