Replacement Striker?

us2

we could end up with a trip to the likes of Armenia or Azerbaijan - who share a border with Iran, or a trek to Kazakhstan who have a communal land border with China!

Almaty, Kazakhstan...most easterly possible?

All hail the Almaty 4  :notworthy:

All is not lost!!!

I thought Watkins was absolutely superb in the first half against Partick.  He missed a cpl of sitters but it is all about getting in the right positions as a striker and he could have easily bagged a hattrick on a better day.  First time I've seen him play up top and he had much more physical presence than McKay and won a few headers, which McKay wouldn't have.... even when the ball was played long to him you could see their defenders didn't know whether to get tight or stand off him.  He was buckled in the second half but his fitness will get better the more he plays and when he learns not to chase lost causes. 

Don't get me wrong, we still need a striker [we needed one in before Billy left] but Watkins never looked like a winger playing in a foreign position, he looked comfortable and will only get better the more he plays there.  

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter suggesting that we currently have a striker on trial called Prince Rajcomar, don't know much else at the moment

Highlight reel here:

http://youtu.be/JmZjeAMADV4

Saw the tweet you refer to (from Jamie Durent) so decided to google him.

He is a Dutch 29yr old Forward who currently plays for Tero Sasana, 1.85cm (6 feet 1).

Not sure who other trialist is, tweet refers to another trialist being with us.

This lad had a wee look at him seems to have signed for Thai Premier League's BEC Tero on Jan 26th

Because Wikipedia said so?

Nah it was on twitter if you just search his name

Sometimes that can be wrong. I recall Twitter saying that Gregory Tade had been released by Cluj and signed for Samsunspor which doesn't appear to be the case and looks like Tade is still with Cluj.

Inverness Caley Thistle have taken striker Prince Rajcomar on trial as they search for a replacement for Billy McKay. (Daily Express)

We need to get on the phone to Hearts and get Prince Buaben signed-up.

Then the players can run out to that 90s classic, "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors!

• Agree 2

I've no idea if this guy is any good or not, but we should sign him just cos he's got a cool name.

even better name than we thought

Prince Linval Reuben Mathilda Rajcomar

I know its a Wikipedia link (sorry) but best I could do at 7am my time before heading off to work !

Going by that video he should be playing for Real Madrid.. 2nd goal is superb

The guy definitely looks like a finisher but I'm sure with good editing someone could produce just as impressive a vid for Graham Bayne ..

I think the one obvious trait our team has over others is that we have an unbelievable work ethic so hopefully he fits into that philosophy

• Agree 1

It'll be pretty hard to fit that into a song.

Oooh, ahhh, Rajcomar

Ooh ah Rajcomar!

I love this guy already. Got "Rajcomar" put on the back of my ICT shirt this morning, and I'm heading off shortly to get it tattooed as well. 

Apparently this guy has been with the club last week and still with us as of yesterday, sounds promising.

He nearly signed for Southend but went to the wrong departure airport. Maybe some of the now departed County Dutch contingent convinced him that Tain had a cheap Airport so he could just be waiting for his flight.