Replacement Striker?

us2

County highlights are now on BBC website.  I have to say that Boyce looked very sharp indeed.  It may well be that County will offer him more than we can afford.

And a very poor defence with very low confidence made him look good.

I'd also like both.  In fact, imagine a partnership - that could work actually.  I'm not sure if Yogi wouldn't be interested, he seems to have been a pretty regular scorer even when County were doing rubbish and seems to be a very hard worker.  I think he'd slot into our team just perfectly.

Wouldn't mind taking that De Vita as well.  It's been a while since we raided County!

There are better options out there than Liam Boyce. Kudos to him getting a hat-trick last night but every time we have played against County, I have never really noticed him on the pitch.

If we were to look at a County player, I wouldn't mind Michael Gardyne.

The championship is an area I would definitely look - James Keatings is a great shout. I would take a few from that league such as Gavin Reilly, Jason Cummings, Dominique Malonga, Calum Gallagher. - Unfortunately they wouldn't come cheap.

Guest Shaun

I'd also like both. In fact, imagine a partnership - that could work actually. I'm not sure if Yogi wouldn't be interested, he seems to have been a pretty regular scorer even when County were doing rubbish and seems to be a very hard worker. I think he'd slot into our team just perfectly.

Wouldn't mind taking that De Vita as well. It's been a while since we raided County!

There are better options out there than Liam Boyce. Kudos to him getting a hat-trick last night but every time we have played against County, I have never really noticed him on the pitch.

The championship is an area I would definitely look - James Keatings is a great shout. I would take a few from that league such as Gavin Reilly, Jason Cummings, Dominique Malonga, Calum Gallagher. - Unfortunately they wouldn't come cheap.

Apart from Gavin Reilly and maybe a couple of others, I'd avoid Championship and stick to how we go about our business (looking at Leagues 1 and 2 and Blue Square Premier) as its been working plus there are good players down there. I also wouldn't mind having a scout around Ireland either.

I'd also like both.  In fact, imagine a partnership - that could work actually.  I'm not sure if Yogi wouldn't be interested, he seems to have been a pretty regular scorer even when County were doing rubbish and seems to be a very hard worker.  I think he'd slot into our team just perfectly.

Wouldn't mind taking that De Vita as well.  It's been a while since we raided County!

I've always rated Gardyne and I see he's come onto a game again.  I take him, but should United release him I'd presume he'd rather stay at County.  Previously, I've also rated Carey as a replacement for Shinnie but he seems to be off form this season.  I don't know what his situation is, but that Greek left back they had was excellent and I'd take him in a second.

I'd also like both. In fact, imagine a partnership - that could work actually. I'm not sure if Yogi wouldn't be interested, he seems to have been a pretty regular scorer even when County were doing rubbish and seems to be a very hard worker. I think he'd slot into our team just perfectly.

Wouldn't mind taking that De Vita as well. It's been a while since we raided County!

Apart from Gavin Reilly and maybe a couple of others, I'd avoid Championship and stick to how we go about our business (looking at Leagues 1 and 2 and Blue Square Premier) as its been working plus there are good players down there. I also wouldn't mind having a scout around Ireland either.

So you'd avoid the Championship, yet scout Ireland?  A league which is probably a similar, if not lower level.  Presumably you mean Northern Ireland as well which is probably somewhere around Scottish Division Three standard.  I'm not against scouting Ireland at all per se, but surely the Championship here would take priority over it.  Anyway, how many players who've been brought over from both leagues in Ireland have really made it in Scotland?  Aside from the aforementioned Boyce and one or two others, very few (Boyce had been at Werder Bremen before that as well).  I remember Stephen Kenny trying to build a sort of League of Ireland XI at Dunfermline a few years back and it didn't work.

Edited by Renegade

Guest Shaun

I see Blair Alston is after a move (he is a midfielder so here may not be best place for this post), is he worth signing if we are looking for replacements?

A slight reaction to GingerJaggy reply to my post, I would have English lower leagues as priority and Ireland for one or two signings but seeing as Hughes knows England, I can see him continuing down same route as Tel unless he fancies some players from Scotland but if he is not quick then they'll be off elsewhere (we have already lost out on Loy and I fear he'll lose out on Reilly too).

What about Miles Hippolyte?  Just scored a cracker against Hibs there and was quite impressive in the Challenge Cup the other week.  Could he replicate his form in the Premiership like Greg Stewart did at Dundee?  He'd be worth a punt I reckon.

What about Miles Hippolyte?  Just scored a cracker against Hibs there and was quite impressive in the Challenge Cup the other week.  Could he replicate his form in the Premiership like Greg Stewart did at Dundee?  He'd be worth a punt I reckon.

I agree, especially if we lose marley this summer, push wee ryan out to the wing if need be and put him in behind edward, think those 2 could have a good partnership. His goal tonight was a cracker, and apparently he scored a cracker of a free kick against sevco the other week as well

I see discounting penalties Liam Boyce's goals-per-ninety minutes ratio this season is the same as Billy Mckay's.  I suppose you could argue as well that Boyce's record is slightly better as he has an inferior team around him.

Also, what about Ali Crawford?  Talk is Hamilton won't be able to hang onto him and his style of play seems pretty similar to Andrew Shinnie.  Think he'd be a good player in our system.

I see discounting penalties Liam Boyce's goals-per-ninety minutes ratio this season is the same as Billy Mckay's. I suppose you could argue as well that Boyce's record is slightly better as he has an inferior team around him.

Also, what about Ali Crawford? Talk is Hamilton won't be able to hang onto him and his style of play seems pretty similar to Andrew Shinnie. Think he'd be a good player in our system.

Didn't Ali Crawford sign a long term contract after he scored against Celtic? Would be expensive to break him out of that one I would imagine.

I still think Gavin Reilly of Queen of the south would suit our mould and would definitely have long term value for the club if sold on etc.

• Agree 1

Ali Crawford did indeed sign a new deal.  Presume Accies would be looking for £75,000 for him at least.

Also, I see Michael Gardyne is to be released by Dundee United.  I'd take him.  Expect him to re-sign properly with County though.

Guest Shaun

Brian Graham also to be released as is Keith Watson.

I would take both tbh, but don't ken what position Watson is, all I ken is he is a defender.

I rate Graham (despite him cheating against us last time at Perth), he has scored numerous goals at Perth and would be a good signing imho but do expect St J and others to be in for him.

Keith Watson is a right back, decent player and potential replacement for Raven if he leaves. Someone mention Keatings in an earlier post, he would be a brilliant signing and would really suit are system IMO. Sadly, it is highly unlikely that he would come here and pretty sure he's signed a new contract.

Gutted to hear Yogi say we will be losing 4 or 5 players at the end of the season, so lets hope he can do the goods in the transfer market like he does with the players. You certainly can't fault him bringing Tansey back which has proved to be an immense signing, and despite all of the moans and groans about not replacing McKay immediately, Ofere has been a very good signing so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Aberdeen are keen to get Stevie May in on loan, so i don't see why we don't try and get him on loan aswell. We will both be in the same boat in terms of what we have to offer.

Aye because the wages we can offer will be the same as Aberdeen.

Aberdeen are keen to get Stevie May in on loan, so i don't see why we don't try and get him on loan aswell. We will both be in the same boat in terms of what we have to offer.

Sadly not. Aberdeen can offer twice as much as we can in terms of covering his salary. Don't forget they have average crowds three times ours and morethan twiceasmuch commercial income.

Aye because the wages we can offer will be the same as Aberdeen.

In terms of a loan mover we don't know what dons will be paying