Replacement Striker?

us2

What about Faissal El Bakhtaoui of Dunfermline Athletic? I see today he's scored his 8th goal of the season and Dunfermline have only played 4 games so far in their campaign. 

I fully appreciate we don't have the finances to just put in a bid but if a potential sale of Ryan Christie goes through and we have a bit of cash at hand then surely El Bakhtaoui would be a viable option for the club?  

• Agree 1

What about Faissal El Bakhtaoui of Dunfermline Athletic? I see today he's scored his 8th goal of the season and Dunfermline have only played 4 games so far in their campaign. 

Andy Barrowman was prolific at that level too though.......

• Agree 3

Of the now little I've seen of Lopez I can see what people are on about with Lopez. He's not quick, doesn't chase much and lacks and real physical presence. 

However he does have good feet. Traditional technical ability that is common to those in the Iberian peninsula. If the right balance can be found with team mates he could actually be very useful, more specifically in games we're looking to control. 

I know people on here don't seem to rate the Scottish League 1 but El Bakhtaoui scored again tonight, that's 9 in 5 games. We've previously looked at JJ Hooper who was sitting in conference and now a guy in the Irish Leagues, surely this guy El Bakhtaoui is worth a look. 

Here's him scoring the first two goals vs Cowdenbeath: http://youtu.be/N97--hRRaR0

Scored against Hibs in pre season: http://youtu.be/RIQ8F412UW8 2:26 onwards

Edited by ICTRoughi

I know people on here don't seem to rate the Scottish League 1 but El Bakhtaoui scored again tonight, that's 9 in 5 games. We've previously looked at JJ Hooper who was sitting in conference and now a guy in the Irish Leagues, surely this guy El Bakhtaoui is worth a look. 

Here's him scoring the first two goals vs Cowdenbeath: http://youtu.be/N97--hRRaR0

A few of us do quite rate the Scottish League and that is a good shout but a transfer fee would be required which we are unlikely to pay.

A few of us do quite rate the Scottish League and that is a good shout but a transfer fee would be required which we are unlikely to pay.

Absolutely agreed however when I first mentioned him in this thread, I was saying that we should put in an offer should we sell Ryan Christie this transfer window.

Edited by ICTRoughi

I fully appreciate we don't have the finances to just put in a bid but if a potential sale of Ryan Christie goes through and we have a bit of cash at hand then surely El Bakhtaoui would be a viable option for the club?  

I'm pretty sure I heard on the Terrace Podcast or Tell Him He's Pele that El Bakhtaoui hadn't really played 11 aside football until the last couple of years, instead plying his trade in competitive futsal leagues. 

I'm pretty sure I heard on the Terrace Podcast or Tell Him He's Pele that El Bakhtaoui hadn't really played 11 aside football until the last couple of years, instead plying his trade in competitive futsal leagues. 

Yeah that's right: http://youtu.be/4QraBnlpgxo

Looking at tonight's football on Sporting Life I see that Billy Mckay is not in Wigan's squad tonight.  Checked on their website and since their season started Billy has not been in their squad in any of their 3 League matches.  He was in their squad as sub in the League Cup and got on at 90 minutes.  Wouldn't mind him back on loan.

Only a matter of time before Rory McAlister plays at a higher level. He's been knocking on the door for a while. Last nights display will be attracting a lot of attention. Falkirk are no mugs. We could have used him in the Scottish Cup Final!

Would be great to have him back at Inverness.

Only a matter of time before Rory McAlister plays at a higher level. He's been knocking on the door for a while. Last nights display will be attracting a lot of attention. Falkirk are no mugs. We could have used him in the Scottish Cup Final!

Would be great to have him back at Inverness.

He's clearly not interested in full time football, especially after he turned it down in order to go down a league after leaving Brechin. He's quite happy working as a plumber and getting his additional £650 a week to not have to try too hard.

• Agree 2

Translated article from a Romanian news site after last night's Europa defeat:

Gregory Tade will be fired from Steaua, says owner Steaua, Gigi Becali. "You can not miss from two meters and not your head of 3 meters. I said to Argăseală. Tade - out. Tahar - out. Tade's my fault, I brought it. If someone gives me 5,000 on him, do not accept. I give free! "said financier after defeating Steaua categorical, 0-3 with Rosenborg in play-off CPC Europa League.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

A freebie Gregory Tade. ICT need a striker... Get him on the next flight to Inverness. 

HA HA HA ...  I like a good joke!!!

He was the top goalscorer in Romania last season. When I think of Tade, I think the same of Greg Tansey in the sense he was playing for the club at the wrong time (the first time round) With our style of play and a poacher like Tade, it would be of great benefit and plus him being a free - you can't complain. 

• Disagree 1

Regardless of his ability or otherwise, we couldn't afford to meet his wage demands before he became a high scoring striker with Europa experience, so we certainly couldn't afford them now.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1