Dundee Utd -V- Inverness CT

CaleyD

Full time: 1-1 so tbh its a point gained imho :-).

Think its time to get passports out :-). United have another game in hand which is against Aberdeen (I think?) so they'd need to BEAT us TWICE to have a chance.

Tbh though, wherever we end up, it'll still have been some season for us :ictscarf:.

Hughes MUST get manager of the season!!

Mmm. A valuable point, but at what cost? Warren suspended for a couple and Watkins will miss one too for disciplinary points (I.e. No recognised striker!) Sounds like we were mince in second half. Not so good! And why were Raven and Warren not subbed to avoid exactly that!

• Agree 1

Disappointing, to say the least, to surrender the lead for the fourth time in two matches, this time against a team out of form, low in confidence and down to ten men for almost the entire match.

Sounds from the commentary that we had enough chances to win comfortably but suffered from not having a natural striker. It's difficult to be too critical after the season we've had but we are seeing the consequences of being the only club in the league without a single experienced striker and the folly of not having a viable contingency plan for replacing Billy McKay.

If we do fall short of an historical European qualification it will be down to having no plan in place to deal with something that was pretty well inevitable.

Maybe it's not too late and there is an unattached forward to we can bring in. Marley is working hard and doing sterling work but goal scoring is not his forte.

• Agree 1

sorry but in my opinion shocking second half performance!!! Why in second half did Hughes not change it when we had so many defenders with yellows and ended up paying the penalty yet again. Yet again another two points dropped last two games.

Raven should have been off too!!!!! We will never get into Europe with performances like this, maybe the Board do not want European footie as will cost them as folk in Inverness just do not turn out but Caley only have themselves to blame

We NEVER kill off teams when opportunity arises, others even do it

Yes we have had a great season so far but could have been so much better

• Agree 1

Omitted the suspensions!!!! No centre forward as someone has said, wonder how me manage that now, Nick Ross or Ryan Christie are next options but too lightweight

Again Board no conviction too scared to give decent contracts to all players so we lose players and do NOT replace them

I think it is to strong to say that our euro chances are going down the pan but two games where we didn't take advantage is a worry especially seeing as this has been coming for a little while against St Mirren and Partick. Its hard to say whether the point is better for us or them. On one hand we would have taken a point and they still have it all to do to catch us. But with the match situation its a great point for them and and may just give them a little kick start so very disappointed but we should just take each game as it comes. Lets forget Europe for now and get back on track against Motherwell and keep going.   

• Agree 1