Do You Want County Relegated ?

Kingsmills

Would You Wish To See County Relegated  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Ross County To Be Relegated ?

Following on the other County related thread, I am curious to know how posters feel about the now very real prospect of our near neighours being relegated after three seasons in the top flight.

Personally, I would rather have our Highland neighours in the Premiership than yet another Central Belt team and would certainly want them there ahead of the utter embarrassment to the game that is the club that used to be Glasgow Rangers

Edited by Kingsmills

Until they started their sad wee boycott, no.  Now . . . meh.

BUT, it is a cost saver for us to have a team that close geographically for at least some away games so for that reason, and that alone, verging back onto "no".

Won't be shedding any tears when they go down though.

Well, not tears of sadness . . .

I agree that they certainly have some sad individuals among their support who come from such a huge and wealthy club that they could never lower themselves to visit such a small and impoverished club as ourselves. I believe that they are the noisy minority however and I would rather see two highland sides in the top league.

As others have said wouldn't be gutted to lose them next season. Hearts always bring a decent away crowd up to us and then also Rangers and Hibs as well bring decent amounts so we won't suffer on the gates. I also think away teams will more likely come to ours knowing they only need to come to the Highlands once or twice instead of three or four.

• Agree 1

I voted no for a few reasons ...... I would rather see St Mirren go down automatically and if County were to end up in the playoff spot then its not a leap to think they would be playing some team from Govan and as others have said ... be careful what you wish for ! Also, its far more fun having them perpetually in our shadow in the same division, and pissing off the central belters by having to make twice as many trips to the Highlands every year !

• Agree 1

Every shareholder has access to the accounts but there are so many variables that it is difficult to say whether County's presence in the top tier has had a detrimental effect on income or not. 

What does seem clear is that they are bringing fewer and fewer fans to derbies at the TCS.

Edited by Kingsmills

I'm with Smee on this one. With both clubs in the premiership we must be sharing a small catchment for sponsorship, hospitality etc. Im sure from a business point of view both teams being in same league is detrimental?

That's a different issue from enjoying derbies as a fan imho

I'm sure it was said at the time that when County joined the SPL, we suffered a drop in season tickets, hospitality sales and sponsorship. If that's the case I'm happy to let them commence the slide back to their natural place.

On the other hand, given that we won't be playing County again this season, it won't do us any harm if they go on a good run and take points off the other top 6 sides.

• Agree 1

Their presence might not be good for ICT, but it's good for the local economy.

To take just one example, I'd assume that the Kingsmills Hotel must be making an absolute fortune from away teams staying there the night before County matches.

I'm sure it was said at the time that when County joined the SPL, we suffered a drop in season tickets, hospitality sales and sponsorship. If that's the case I'm happy to let them commence the slide back to their natural place.

On the other hand, given that we won't be playing County again this season, it won't do us any harm if they go on a good run and take points off the other top 6 sides.

...except they've already played Aberdeen and Celtic for the last time. So, we just have to hope they beat Dundee United and perhaps Hamilton?

In answer to the main Q, I can't really make my mind up on this one. The poor away support from County at TCS is weird and counter-productive: that sort of attitude will surely kill off Scottish football for good! I must admit, I thought they'd fill the away end every game, but the fact that they don't means that their demise might not be as detrimental to ICT as I had originally thought! However, I would miss the derbies, so I've sat on the fence on the vote...wimp!

Because of the ridiculous boycott of the TCS by their sad excuse for fans and their complete envy of everything ICT do I hope they go down.

And on a serious note they could keep dropping as the infrastructure of the club is as solid as diahhroea, which, strangely enough, is how I view their fans.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

No Way

Local Rivalry is fantastic

Good for the club's income as well

Good when playing away for travelling fans

Good for bragging rights

For once, I find myself agreeing with Laurence at least in three aspects out of four.

I rather suspect that County's presence in the top division has a somewhat negative effect on our finances especially now that fewer of their fans seem to attend the TCS but, in my view, that is more than balanced by the other factors.

• Agree 1