2014/15 milestones achieved

PerfICT

It might have slipped under the radar of many, but we officially cannot be automatically relegated: St Mirren could only reach 51 points with straight victories until the end of the season.

Given that this has the potential of being a record-breaking season, it might be worth tallying notable achievements starting with:

1. Avoiding automatic relegation spot (earliest ever for us in top flight)

• Agree 1

I would have assumed we wouldn't be in the play offs either with teams playing each other but you must be right as I haven't checked every match.

Think you're right, but would prefer to wait until the outcome doesn't give me brain-ache to calculate!

I would have assumed we wouldn't be in the play offs either with teams playing each other but you must be right as I haven't checked every match.

Think you're right, but would prefer to wait until the outcome doesn't give me brain-ache to calculate!

Ross Coumty and Motherwell can both equal our points tally if they draw their remaining game with each other and win all their other games, but in that case, Partick couldn't catch us. So we can now officially look forward to another season in the top flight.

Alternatively all we need to do is take something on Tuesday and neither can catch us whatever.

Apart from consolidating 3rd position, a win at Tannadice on Tuesday would also all but guarantee top six.  Kilmarnock in 8th would not be able to match our points total before the split.  Whilst St Johnstone possibly could, they have to play both Dundee and St Johnstone and it would require a particular combination of results on those two matches and then for all three of them to win the rest of their games before the split and for us to lose all of our for us to drop out of the top six.  It simply isn't going to happen.

OK, Doofer's Dad has convinced me on another thread that we are now officially top 6 because of the fixtures that St J have left before the split - this means, the following are now true:

2. Top 6 assured (earliest ever)

3. Cannot be relegated (earliest ever)

Note - could a moderator change the thread title to 14/15 instead of 15/16?

Thanks

We could maybe even include the clean-sheet record of 616 minutes!

There's also the Manager of the Month awards - we've had 2 (so far), equalling our best ever from our debut SPL season 2004/05.

Or is that clutching at straws?!

There's also the Manager of the Month awards - we've had 2 (so far), equalling our best ever from our debut SPL season 2004/05.

That clean sheet stat must be a record for ICT, at least in top flight?

Realistically only the Dundee teams can overtake us so top six is assured. On current form I believe we will reach thesplit in same position and with same points difference below us as now. How things pan out after the split is anyones guess but I expect us to finish third. I also expect us to capitalise on our cup chance and win it. I predict all sorts of records being broken this season.

• Agree 1

That clean sheet stat must be a record for ICT, at least in top flight?

Yeah, it's an all-time club record - regardless of playing 'level'!

As Alex states, there could be an abundance of records falling soon!

Fewest goals conceded in top flight, best goal difference in top flight, most points gained in top 6, most points total in the top flight, first Scottish Cup semi-final as a yop flight side!

On that last point, it's amazing that this will be our 9th Scottish Cup quarter final in our relatively short history. And as, I mentioned we've managed 2 wins, both as a Division 1 club, under Robbo.

History everywhere! But we must take care of Raith - it's a golden chance.

• Agree 3

4. ICT record for longest time without conceding a goal(616 minutes)

5. Joint record for number of Manager of the Month awards (2 for JH)

....many more to come!

• Agree 1

Realistically only the Dundee teams can overtake us so top six is assured. On current form I believe we will reach thesplit in same position and with same points difference below us as now. How things pan out after the split is anyones guess but I expect us to finish third. I also expect us to capitalise on our cup chance and win it. I predict all sorts of records being broken this season.

Realistically 2nd place is still very achievable!

So long as J H makes sure the lads are in bed early then night before the match then they will have the energy left in the tank to hoist the cup high above their heads.

This is an event I am really looking forward to. 

Even if I have ended the sentence with a preposition, that is my predilection and my prediction. :clapoverhead:

• 2 weeks later...

4. ICT record for longest time without conceding a goal(616 minutes)

5. Joint record for number of Manager of the Month awards (2 for JH)

....many more to come!

6. First Scottish Cup semi-final as a 'top flight' side