Great Britain Team

Laurence

Charles you really do show your true colours at times when making comment especially in your last sentence which in my opinion borders on sectarianism. Can I just point out that not all Catholics are Celtic fans just as not all Celtic fans are Catholic.

Charles you really do show your true colours at times when making comment especially in your last sentence which in my opinion borders on sectarianism. Can I just point out that not all Catholics are Celtic fans just as not all Celtic fans are Catholic.

Aye, and Brother Walfrid was a card carrying member of the Orange Lodge :lol:

Lighten up mun! You're beginning to sound as if you've been for a two month holiday with that queen of PC Harriet Harman. :crazy:

Interesting feature of modern living though. Say or do something somebody doesn't like and you instantly get denounced for crimes against Political Correctness or Eflin Safety.

I'll get ma coat now and head for the Lubyanka to save you sending the NKVD round :ohmy:

• Agree 1

Just a reminder to everyone to debate the topic and not to resort to name calling or character assassination. Further instances of this will result in topic closure or in the posters being banned from the thread. this is the only warning. 

Xenophobia is rife in the Highlands that's for sure

Particularly around book shops in Boat of Garten I'm led to believe...

Which part of my previous message is unclear as it relates to this topic ?  :yellowcard:

• Agree 1

I seem to get an impression that some of you feel that Scotland will not get any players in the GB team

I have been having a look at some of the candidates for the GB team coming from Scotland or are qualified for Scotland

Calum McGregor Celtic  attacking Midfielder - time with Notts County

Jordon Archer  Tottenham  been on loan at Millwall  Goalkeeper

Murray Wallace Huddersfield  Goalkeeper

Stevie May Sheffield Wednesday Striker

Ryan Christie ICT 

Harry McGuire  Hull City

Andrew Robertson  Hull City  ( The best young Scottish player ) DL

Graham Shinnie  ICT Aberdeen , may be too old by the Olympics

There will be several more I am sure , but any of the above would not let the team down I am certain

Calum McGregor Celtic  attacking Midfielder - time with Notts County

Jordon Archer  Tottenham  been on loan at Millwall  Goalkeeper

Murray Wallace Huddersfield  Goalkeeper

Stevie May Sheffield Wednesday Striker

Ryan Christie ICT 

Harry McGuire  Hull City

Andrew Robertson  Hull City  ( The best young Scottish player ) DL

Graham Shinnie  ICT Aberdeen , may be too old by the Olympics

Murray Wallace is a centre-back and Harry McGuire (sic) is English.  Can't say I've heard of a 'Graham' Shinnie either...

• 2 weeks later...

Hard luck, Laurence! This idea is now rightly, dead-in-the-water. We 'got away' with it for the occasion of the London 2012 Olympics, but any future GB teams are unnecessary and would seriously jeopardise the future of the individual national teams.

Hard luck, Laurence! This idea is now rightly, dead-in-the-water. We 'got away' with it for the occasion of the London 2012 Olympics, but any future GB teams are unnecessary and would seriously jeopardise the future of the individual national teams.

...not to mention that it will not be too many Olympics in the future before Scotland will be sending a team in our own right.

• Agree 1

...not to mention that it will not be too many Olympics in the future before Scotland will be sending a team in our own right.

Yes a GB team and a Scotland team.  Then everyone will be happy  :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

Yes a GB team and a Scotland team.  Then everyone will be happy  :tongueincheek:

Precisely

A GB Olympic team including players from the home nations does not need sanction by the individual bodies. If England go ahead maybe not this time but in future, it is up to players themselves if they wish to compete.

Being  hidebound is not an answer to everything progressive.

A GB Olympic team including players from the home nations does not need sanction by the individual bodies. 

perhaps not, but Olympic Football is organised in conjunction with FIFA not just the IOC and it is FIFA who has the final say on who competes. FIFA have said they will block any application that does not have the backing of all four home nations. 

A GB Olympic team including players from the home nations does not need sanction by the individual bodies. If England go ahead maybe not this time but in future, it is up to players themselves if they wish to compete.

Being  hidebound is not an answer to everything progressive.

You're just flogging a dead horse now Laurence.

Fifa must've been coming under pressure from those notorious Highland xenophobes...

Fifa must've been coming under pressure from those notorious Highland xenophobes...

..and teenage SNP bigots...