Scottish Cup 2015 - Semi-finals

Sneckboy

Gotta face them sometime so bring it on. As for Brownie and Shifty-- Birds of a feather and all that.

But , yes, It's going to be our year .So I hope they beat each other up, frankly. Both deserve it for some of the body checks and bad fouls of the past.

The Celtic v Dundee United replay is on the 18th meaning they'll be playing each other in 4 consecutive games between  8th-21st March!!

It's one for 'reconstruction' enthusiasts to jump on, pointing-out this farcical situation, but in reality, it's just a quirk in fixtures and is extremely unlikely!

They'll be sick of the sight of each other, and already tension is high - there will be more red cards before these games are out!

The weather looks favourable for our game tomorrow.

Just catching up with some of the 'fall out' from the weekend. Some Raith fans were angry, but most accepted it was outwith our control - those who claimed we were to blame for being 'amateurish' were soon shot-down by more reasoned Raith supporters!

A few, on route, still just kept going and came up despite hearing the match was off - and by accounts had a great time! A handful even went up to the County game - fair play!

But they were bemused how that game went ahead when ours didn't, as the weather was decent!

They reckon they'll get in the region of 100 fans for tomorrow.

Connolly's dive for the penalty was highly theatrical and TV evidence seems to confirm Craig Thomson had his eyes closed for that too!!

Had to laugh at Pat Nevin on Sportscene analysing the dive to try and prove the ref right! He didnt manage unsurprisingly..

I was struck by Terry Butcher's inept performance on Sportscene.  Despite the fact that he was a previous manager of two of the clubs in the Quarter finals, he was introduced as the "former Rangers captain".  The fact that he had been our manager was probably why he was asked to be a pundit on the show where the main event was meant to be the ICT game, but apart from the bald facts of the postponement there was no talk about any thoughts about the way the game might pan out.  Instead we had chat about the Rangers and Butcher squirming when being asked about his own interest in the manager's role at Ibrox.  He wouldn't say yes or no but it was pretty obvious he would give his right arm for the job. 

Given that his presence on the show was no doubt because of the involvement of Hibs and ICT in the QFs, the irony of how well we and Hibs have done since he left the clubs seemed lost on him.  Butcher looked a sad shadow of his former ebullient self and it seems inconceivable to me that Rangers would consider him for the post.  But no offers from me to eat my hat if he gets the job - after all, Rangers have done the inconceivable before.

• Agree 5

Got the job done!  Listening on the radio it sounded like we were well on top....be interested in how our new striker Ofere is viewed by you guys

Before the match I decided to take a punt on booking a hotel for Glasgow.....not for the semi though!  Normally I would view that as tempting fate, but hope springs eternal this year for me

• Agree 2

So we are there, any ideas when we will know when the game will be played. 

I guess we'll have to wait until after the Celtic v Dundee United replay - but I'd say it's likely our game will be on the Sunday.

The semi-finals are similar to 2013 when it was Hibs v Falkirk (on the Saturday) and Dundee United v Celtic (on the Sunday).

So we are there, any ideas when we will know when the game will be played.

I guess we'll have to wait until after the Celtic v Dundee United replay - but I'd say it's likely our game will be on the Sunday.

The semi-finals are similar to 2013 when it was Hibs v Falkirk (on the Saturday) and Dundee United v Celtic (on the Sunday).

In 2013 that Hibs game was on BBC and the Celtic game on sky as sky get first pick.

In 2014 sky showed Dundee utd v rangers on the Saturday and BBC had Aberdeen v st Johnstone on the Sunday.

So going by last year we would be on the Saturday. It is all depending on sky's schedule I guess.

We might be at home to Dundee United though, the same midweek, in a re-arranged game! Both clubs are 'free' that midweek, so I wouldn't be surprised! It could even be a dress-rehearsal for a Hampden showdown against United a few days later! Hey, we could 'antagonise' Ciftci and he may just get himself sent-off and banned for the Semi-final!!  

But, in all seriousness, we could do that! :laugh: Actually, I expect Celtic to beat them in the replay...

And if it is Celtic, it'll be the 6th time we've met them in the cup in our 21 campaigns.

There's SFA on the SFA website but interestingly the Hibs website has got their semi listed as being on the Saturday - albeit to be confirmed.  Perhaps the clubs the SFA would like to be in the final get asked when they would like to play.  Just assume that date time and place will be about as inconvenient as possible for the North fans and you can't go far wrong.

• Agree 3

Seems that there is little point in us turning up for this fixture. Being listening to Sportsound (god knows why) and, according to some Weejie pundit, Derek Ferguson ? the winners of tomorrow's quarter final replay are 'playing for the cup as they will take care of Inverness in the semis and whoever they go on to meet in the final'..

Edited by Kingsmills