ciftci again and again and again

filtongas

There is still no word on this on the SFA site.  It was suggested in the BBC report over a week ago that it might take some time for any notice of complaint to be issued, but I am not sure whether the delay is because of the seriousness of the issue or because the compliance officer is on an all expenses paid holiday in Turkey. :tongueincheek:   I trust the SFA will not allow the shameful scenes at Motherwell to allow the Ciftci incident to slip off their agenda.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now signed for Celtic for £1.5m!  There is something far wrong in the game when a player like that is sold for that kind of money.  It does seem a lot of money for Celtic to pay just to make sure he doesn't kick Brown in the head again.  I wonder if Dundee Utd will make better use of the money this time.

Well, McNamara reportedly gets 10% of all transfer income in order to keep him onside with all the asset stripping that's been going on. As a result, he's been the highest paid manager in Scotland!  From what I've been told there's a bit of a civil war between the shareholders, some of whom want their money out of the club.

It's a bit like ourselves with Aberdeen!
I've got to confess to 'going onto' one of the Dons fans' forums last night to see how Shinnie fared. Admittedly ridiculous, as he's no longer our player!
Notice all our ex-boys played last night - Shinnie, Hayes, Robson and Rooney. But Aberdeen were dreadful by all accounts.

It's a bit like ourselves with Aberdeen!
I've got to confess to 'going onto' one of the Dons fans' forums last night to see how Shinnie fared. Admittedly ridiculous, as he's no longer our player!
Notice all our ex-boys played last night - Shinnie, Hayes, Robson and Rooney. But Aberdeen were dreadful by all accounts.

Nothing new there then !

• 2 weeks later...

Celtic are not appealing the ban and I think that is very wise.  A 6 game ban is really not very much for such a serious offence and any appeal could result in a significantly longer ban.  The surprising thing for me in all of this is that Celtic have actually signed the player knowing what he is like.  I just hope they don't condone his thuggery like his previous employers did, although I live more in hope than expectation.