Classic BBC Journalism

RedCard

That is exceptionally poor, and only goes to reinforce the impression we already held that they had scant regard for the Highland teams beyond the odd condescending remarks.

Onwards and upwards lads!  We are countering their scorn in the best way possible - with results.  We cannot force them to talk about us, but we can make it difficult to ignore us.

• Agree 2

• 2 months later...

Tuned in to Sportsound to hear what they were saying about the momentous and historic events at the showpiece conclusion to the season.

Gave up at seven after half an hour of nothing other than a lower division side's failure to win a play off match and the unsporting and petulant of at least one of  their players.

Does anyone know if they ever got round to mentioning us at all ?

Tuned in to Sportsound to hear what they were saying about the momentous and historic events at the showpiece conclusion to the season.

Gave up at seven after half an hour of nothing other than a lower division side's failure to win a play off match and the unsporting and petulant of at least one of  their players.

There was a review of the final between 7.20 and 7.30, which consisted of replaying radio highlights and then an interview with Barry Wilson, during which they mostly asked him about whether we could keep the squad together. 

To be honest, I don't have too much of a problem with them leading with the Rangers story as they would already have covered our win on yesterday's programme, and there was the issue of potential police involvement to discuss - i.e. it's still an evolving news story. However, they spent far, far too long on Rangers and their situation, and the ICT coverage was pretty perfunctory - if they were so desperate to keep Rangers involved in the discussion, then they could at least have considered the idea that top-flight Scottish football might have benefited from their absence and looked at our story in that context. But no. Chick Young was absolutely doing his nut, more or less saying that any Scottish football supporter who was glad that Rangers were staying down was ignorant and wrong.    

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 1

Chick Young was absolutely doing his nut, more or less saying that any Scottish football supporter who was glad that Rangers were staying down was ignorant and wrong.    

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

• Agree 1

There was a review of the final between 7.20 and 7.30, which consisted of replaying radio highlights and then an interview with Barry Wilson, during which they mostly asked him about whether we could keep the squad together. 

To be honest, I don't have too much of a problem with them leading with the Rangers story as they would already have covered our win on yesterday's programme, and there was the issue of potential police involvement to discuss - i.e. it's still an evolving news story. However, they spent far, far too long on Rangers and their situation, and the ICT coverage was pretty perfunctory - if they were so desperate to keep Rangers involved in the discussion, then they could at least have considered the idea that top-flight Scottish football might have benefited from their absence and looked at our story in that context. But no. Chick Young was absolutely doing his nut, more or less saying that any Scottish football supporter who was glad that Rangers were staying down was ignorant and wrong.    

Proud to count myself among the ignorant and wrong....

• Agree 2

There is the point though that it wasn't covered because the SFA/SPFL had decided to put the playoff game after the final. It's disrespectful and the BBC just compound it. There are lovely people who I respect individually who are at  BBC Scotland, but they should just call it BBC central belt and be done with it. Pretty poor to concentrate on some lunatic kicking another in his central belt area and ignore the yards, nay miles of good news around us and Falkirk.

Is anyone seriously surprised?

Most BBC Scotland 'pundits' are really embarrassing and have very little insight into football other than talking absolute pash 95% of the time.

To be fair to the BBC, I watched Sportscene saturday night at my hotel, and thought they did a pretty good job and covered ICT's victory from every angle!

I even saw a bit of the victory bash on BBC Breakfast this morning...down here in the south!

In too good a mood to moan about narrow minded erseholes who cant be bothered giving extra media coverage.

We won it in the hard way.

We did 5 in a row  knocking out  3 SPFL teams  including our league bogey team, St Mirren, Celtic and 2 Championship teams.

We didnt get lucky draws to make the final like Gretna.

We didnt need to go millions of pounds in to debt to be there.

We didnt need a wealthy billionaire to get us there either.

We earned the right to be there, even with the resources that we have and we still won it, because of that Im Proud, very Proud.

Now if the BBC Scotland cant be bothered covering it for local evening TV viewing and choose to cover a few thugs hitting each other instead and you don't need any special skills for that. Then perhaps the BBC has lost a bit of credibility. 

• Agree 4

Chick Young was absolutely doing his nut, more or less saying that any Scottish football supporter who was glad that Rangers were staying down was ignorant and wrong.

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Ignorant and wrong? Well Chic should know it when he sees it!

I too am happy to be ignorant and wrong.

• Agree 1