Aberdeen -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

yeah. reluctantly given up now too .... not because of the commentary but the delays and buffering. getting further behind ... we are in the 52nd or 53rd minute, 1-0 down and that includes the 15 minute HT break ..... but the commentary is still only at 44 minutes with Robson getting a yellow and the scores at 0-0 

This is becoming a big concern, worst form in SPFL apart from relegation boys St midden,  yet yogi persists with Watkins up front yet again, when is he going to change the set up?   feckin awful Yogi, and don't give us the same old shyte in your interview please...

Edited by caley100

Yup, the striker problem is affecting us, but so is the lack of ambition. What's to lose? United are even worse than us, so let them go and express themselves. There'll be no easy games until the end of the season, but please try to entertain us!

Thanks guys....we were (deliberately) operating over 4G tonight in an area where we know it's not the best and at 128kbps (when 32 is normally sufficient for voice only) to get a kinda "worst case" scenario for the audio transmission.  So, whilst not top notch, it should have provided all the info we need to improve things going forward.

• Agree 3

Guest Shaun

So much for the changes, was same team as weekend!!

Tbh, its time to give Kink or Ofere a chance up front with Watkins just behind him or even alongside him.

All I can say is thank feck for United's form but we NEED to capitalise on it!!

Its about time we started winning before cup semi!

So much for the changes, was same team as weekend!!

Tbh, its time to give Kink or Ofere a chance up front with Watkins just behind him or even alongside him.

All I can say is thank feck for United's form but we NEED to capitalise on it!!

Its about time we started winning before cup semi!

Same team? Not quite! Danny Williams didn't even get off the bench at the weekend - tonight he started and played the whole match.

Too slow, tepid and far too many pass backs and play through the middle. No runners behind the defence or down the wings, no crosses into the box and nobody brave enough to shoot. The team looks like it lacks bite and confidence which is a worry and nobody wants to take control. Draper and Tansey no longer boss the middle of the park, goals have dried up and yogi no longer seems to know who the creative midfield should be from doran, Ross, watkins, williams, Christie plus we still have kink to consider.

Not looking forward to the celtic games as if we play like this they will really hurt us badly.

Guest Shaun

Be interesting to see line up for next couple of games v Celtic, surely there will be more than 1 change?

Its about time Ofere got a game, I would have a front 5 of:

Ross Christie Williams

Watkins

Ofere.

Edited by Shaun

I am long overdue a positive post, but can't help myself.......

For whatever reason our team, which has performed so well for most of the season, have now stopped performing and gone into reverse gear.

Why on earth buy a replacement striker and not play them??

Also, not starting our regular no1 goalie now he is fit could be a very dangerous game to play, if he is recalled at a crucial time or moment.     

Sub standard tactics matched by sub standard performance on a sub standard pitch.

No positives for me, came for a point against a team who are not any better than us, and in the end got what we deserved.

Watkins is not a striker, but Messi would have struggled with our set up tonight. Concerning times.

For whatever reason our team, which has performed so well for most of the season, have now stopped performing and gone into reverse gear.

Whatever made us click is no longer clicking. Or is no longer at the club.

What's remarkable is how the first half of the season's most highly praised trio, ICT, Dundee Utd and Hamilton have all gone into freefall since losing key personnel in January.  No wins in 6, 7 and league 12 matches respectively.  But like with sky divers, you don't really notice how rapidly they are descending because they are all dropping at pretty much the same rate and maintaining a similar distance between them.

Really disappointing result and performance based on previous posts / match reports.

Watkins is not cutting it up front, he may be our top scorer but an interesting stat would be goals per minute on the pitch, in which case I'm sure Christie & Doran would rank higher.

Hughes should get Watkins back playing in his best position out on the wing creating chances for Ofere who looks like he could be a decent acquisition if given a run of games. I'm worried we won't see Ofere at his best until after the Semi Final (let's hope it's not too late!).

Can anyone explain why Raven was replaced by Devine with 7 minutes remaining. Surely it was not tactical - if it was I'm really worried.

Really disappointing result and performance based on previous posts / match reports.

Watkins is not cutting it up front, he may be our top scorer but an interesting stat would be goals per minute on the pitch, in which case I'm sure Christie & Doran would rank higher.

Hughes should get Watkins back playing in his best position out on the wing creating chances for Ofere who looks like he could be a decent acquisition if given a run of games. I'm worried we won't see Ofere at his best until after the Semi Final (let's hope it's not too late!).

Can anyone explain why Raven was replaced by Devine with 7 minutes remaining. Surely it was not tactical - if it was I'm really worried.

This season-

Minutes per goal:

Doran 208

Watkins 317

Christie 505

• Agree 1

That was awful. Need to make changes and get back to a settled team. Passing was bad, played ball back far too often and Watkins is NOT a striker. Maybe a forward to play off a natural striker. We are only still in 3rd due to United imploding. We aren't much better. Hopefully our bad patch will be over soon, maybe in time for lunchtime Saturday??

Watkins should so be out on the wing (where he is much better) supplying crosses for Ofere who should be getting more game time. Complete lack of width or attacking at pace in forward areas. Raven was useless going forward as usual ... gets a nose bleed at the prospect of running at/skinning somebody and so just passes back. It is well versed script. He was sub'd with Devine coming into the centre and Meekings shifted to right back presumably because Josh offered more going forward. Aberdeen closed us down very quickly when we went forward because we took an inordinate length of time deciding what to do and showed little/no guile. By contrast when Aberdeen broke they had oceans of space and should have scored more. Serious lack of intensity breaking forward when behind. Even my 8 year old lad was shouting to move it forward. Seemingly nobody wants to finish 3rd. We are only holding our own because Utd are in freefall.