Yogi Considered Quitting

Renegade

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/558832/john-hughes-nearly-quit-football-josh-meekings-ban/

Another repercussion of this whole sad state of affairs.  Obviously we don't know how close he really was to resigning, but had he done so, I think we'd all understand why.

• Agree 1

We need people like John Hughes in the game and in general life. Has he ever had a bad word for anyone? I think not but there might have been the odd shake of the head.

He is a great manager and has brought our team to the dizzy height we are at now, his calmness and humour are ever present as is his praise for the lads putting the team first and always reluctant to accept praise for himself. 

His humorous pre match discussions on how good the other teams are and how difficult it will be to get something out of the match, when all the time the twinkle in his eye is saying we have got you lot sussed.

John is in a class of his own compared to most football managers the nearest comparison being our near rival's otb so well done the Highlands.

At Brora pre season he was sitting surveying the prematch workout, deep in thought in the stand, I shouted up to him is this the Inverness support end and the big beaming smile I got back lit up the stadium and it said it all

Stick with it John ICT and football need you

• Agree 5

One minor (and I accept it's minor) plus point from this affair is that Caley have received alot of publicity this week, almost entirely positive, both on TV and in the written media.

I've even had people in my office in London talking about the team

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

If Yogi had gone and the chairman had been unable to change his mind, I wonder who we'd have gone for.  Presume we'd have persevered with a Latapy/Charlie Christie/Scott Kellacher management team until the end of the season.

Edited by Renegade

If Yogi had gone and the chairman had been unable to change his mind, I wonder who we'd have gone for. Presume we'd have persevered with a Latapy/Charlie Christie/Scott Kellacher management team until the end of the season.

Richie Foran