Shame on you, Celtic!

buckett

I always had a soft spot for Celtic as they were my boyhood "Big Team".

Not any more!

That was about as low as they could get, and I can't see how I can now consider them with anything but contempt.

Fortunately justice was done today and a major embarrassment to Scottish football averted.

• Agree 2

Not any more!

That was about as low as they could get, and I can't see how I can now consider them with anything but contempt.

Fortunately justice was done today and a major embarrassment to Scottish football averted.

Ironic thread title! There are plenty Inverness fans who have never had any affiliation for either of that pair.

Your casual reference of supporting Celtic but have changed to ICT suggests too much time interchanging clubs on a PC game - rather than having to literally live out the reality of supporting a wee club like us versus the sickening institution that is Celtic. The religion, bigotry, self-righteousness, and many more unmentionables, make that club one of whom nobody can be proudly associated. There is simply a HUGE cultural divide!

It is inconceivable to me that one day, you support Celtic, but the next, Caley Thistle!

Not any more!

Ironic thread title! There are plenty Inverness fans who have never had any affiliation for either of that pair.

Your casual reference of supporting Celtic but have changed to ICT suggests too much time interchanging clubs on a PC game - rather than having to literally live out the reality of supporting a wee club like us versus the sickening institution that is Celtic. The religion, bigotry, self-righteousness, and many more unmentionables, make that club one of whom nobody can be proudly associated. There is simply a HUGE cultural divide!

It is inconceivable to me that one day, you support Celtic, but the next, Caley Thistle!

Ouch.....I have to disagree, in my opinion, those fans who once supported other clubs even Celtic and Rangers are just as valued and welcome as fans of ICT as those of us who once stood on the terraces of Kingsmills and Telford Street.

• Agree 8

Not any more!

Damn - musta been sitting at the wrong end!

Although I've generally enjoyed your posts Sneckboy, I am aware the vitriol is not far below the surface! But hey, even vitriol is entertaining!

I assume from your rhetoric that you're young and weren't a fanatical Caley supporter in the mid 1960s, like what I was.

Like many from that era I now despise the Old Firm, but hate one just a little more than the other.

Eventually I'm sure you'll grow up and be a wise and pleasant gentleman like myself!!!

• Agree 1

Cut the man some slack Sneckboy! I would suggest most people's reasons for adopting a club are circumstantial and not a political statement! Unless your dad takes you along you probably choose a team because you see them on telly or like the colour they play in etc. well done Buckett on baring your soul and making your confession in public....

• Agree 2

Not any more!

Ouch.....I have to disagree, in my opinion, those fans who once supported other clubs even Celtic and Rangers are just as valued and welcome as fans of ICT as those of us who once stood on the terraces of Kingsmills and Telford Street.

In the days of highland league football, when having a team in the SFL, never mind the top flight, seemed a distant dream, it was not unusual to support a 'big' team. Even when we got into the league there weren't many conflicts of interest between ICT and the big team.

For me, the cup tie at Tynecastle defined the true pecking order. Following from afar, the roar I let out when the second went in told me exactly where my loyalties lay.

• Agree 2

That has made me think about the apparent drop in recent attendances (night duty break :blink: ). I know of quite a few of my acquaintances who had been fairly regular attenders at TCS who rarely go now. They are all followers of other SPL teams, mainly the OF and Aberdire. I feel that we are now a real "threat" to those outfits and where as before it was the big boys and little old ICT. But a HTG states it feels a bit of a dream now in regard to the Howden End days.

I was a rabid Caledonian fan, back in pre merger days. They were my no1 team and the only team i actually went to watch (and i miss them days immensly). BUT, as far as i recall, loads of fans of such teams in the Highland league, also had "Big Teams" that they "supported", be it the old firm, or even teams like Airdre etc

"You want the truth, you can't handle the truth!"

Celtic LOST because JH out-thought Delilah by going 4-4-2

Celtic LOST because Draper/Tansey outfought and outplayed Broon/Biton

Celtic LOST because Warren/Meekings hardly gave Griffiths a sniff

Celtic LOST because Matthews couldn't cope with Watkins' pace

Celtic LOST because Gordon made a poor decision to dive at Watkins' feet

Celtic LOST because Delilah took off the only player on Celtic's team who was anywhere near a match for ICT (Forrest)

Celtic LOST because they failed to score from open play

Celtic LOST because ICT played better footbal

Celtic LOST because Ross/Shinnie and Raven combined to score a fantastic goal 3 minutes from the end of extra time

Celtic LOST to the better team on the day, who wanted it more

Celtic LOST because they thought it would be a cake-walk to the treble

Dry your eyes and learn to take defeat gracefully.

smile-and-wave%5B1%5D.jpg

• Agree 13