The 2015 William Hill Scottish Cup Final

Kingsmills

Living in Perth, it was great to be surrounded by all the cup final buzz and build up last May, and it made me very envious that ICT weren't in the final. 

Perth is quite similar to Inverness in terms of being a similar sized place that generally doesn't have a huge amount of interest in its football team, even one which punches above its weight. But the whole place got right into the cup final spirit, with schools, shops, local papers, the council etc all getting involved, so I really hope Inverness can rise to the occasion and for once give the team the backing it deserves.

• Agree 6

SFA have just announced allocations.  Falkirk get 51,800 seats and we get 200.  They get the stands and we get the toilets.

Do we get the side-on toilets - or behind the goal?

My mind is boggling at the image of side on toilets....

Living in Perth, it was great to be surrounded by all the cup final buzz and build up last May, and it made me very envious that ICT weren't in the final. 

Perth is quite similar to Inverness in terms of being a similar sized place that generally doesn't have a huge amount of interest in its football team, even one which punches above its weight. But the whole place got right into the cup final spirit, with schools, shops, local papers, the council etc all getting involved, so I really hope Inverness can rise to the occasion and for once give the team the backing it deserves.

Totally agree with the above. Sadly I just cant see Inverness getting behind his in the same way? Hope I am wrong tho.....

Edited by old caley girl

Totally agree with the above. Sadly I just cant see Inverness getting behind his in the same way? Hope I am wrong tho.....

I'm not so sure, OCG. I put together a team of 7 for the semi and I've had interest from over 30 people so far in cup final tickets. I think it'll capture the imagination as the build-up gets into full swing!

Edited by PerfICT

I'm sorry but if we can't get 15,000+ for the final it will be a complete embarassment. Every effort should be made from all concerned to get as many there as possible. This is all down to us as regular fans, the club, the Inverness Courier, Moray Firth Radio, the Highland Council, schools, the bus companies, the train company and local businesses. We have 5 weeks to do it so get your fingers out folks and clear your diaries to get there.  

I'm sorry but if we can't get 15,000+ for the final it will be a complete embarassment. Every effort should be made from all concerned to get as many there as possible. This is all down to us as regular fans, the club, the Inverness Courier, Moray Firth Radio, the Highland Council, schools, the bus companies, the train company and local businesses. We have 5 weeks to do it so get your fingers out folks and clear your diaries to get there.

Not quite sure it will be an embarrassment tbh but totally agree that everyone needs to their bit to get folk there. Speaking to folk since last week I'm encouraged so far.

Edited by old caley girl

Is it just me but I would prefer it to be the faithful / loyal. With little allowance for letting people sit together you often can end up surrounded by people that you have never seen before and may never do again. This was even irritating at the semi final with the decision to leave a gap between two elements of our support.

• Agree 4

instead of season ticket holders and shareholders first they should allow all those at the semi to buy first and then open to sts and shareholders and then general sale. It may make it easier to get the loyal supporters together to make a noise. I moved from my seat on Sunday to go and stand with the group that carried the drum. Best decision ever even if the first half was spent trying to get rid of those two dickhead G4S guys. I remember last year buying a ticket on general sale for final and I wanted to be near the back with the singers but instead I was stuck at the front and not able to stand. So I can fully understand where IHE is coming from but at the same time for the club I want as many people their backing us. We will not get all of them but even just a few hundred start to come regularly to support the team then it can only be to the clubs advantage and development. The only other option is to create supporters groups under the main umbrella CJT so that different groups of people can take it in with the same people they know.  

If it comes down to preferential treatment (my opinion only )

would be .The die hard fans who travel the A9 and A96 to every

away game whatever the weather regardless of results should

be a priority .It would show a little gratitude from the club for

loyalty .I appreciate it comes down to cost on a weekly basis .

• Agree 5