Edward Ofere

Guest Shaun

Guest Shaun

Right, this lad has scored a goal in EVERY GAME that he has started so he MUST be signed up for next season imho UNLESS John can find another goalscorer that can score a barrowload of goals next season.

Ofere to play up front which can then mean Watkins can either play alongside him, behind him or even on the wing but I am not confident that Marley will still be with us next season which means that scouts will have a tough job replacing him AND anyone else who may leave.

Thoughts?

Tbh he still isn't even match fit and this is the kind of stuff he is producing, if we keep him and Watkins i can see them two striking up a great forward line with the likes of Christie and Williams. In the semi final it was evident he was getting tired when for our third goal we had both full backs up higher on the pitch than him and quicker to make it there as well.

Not sure how he can still be "unfit" !! It is more a case of him adapting to the Scottish game and our style of play. I am beginning to sway towards keeping him. He will probably always make mistakes and look clumsy. I suspect that he has never been "a worker" and he tires in games becos of the effort he has to put in to fit in to our style. He will learn in time how to pace himself. BUT he really does have an eye for goals and that is what we have been missing this year.

• Agree 1

I'd keep him  Despite all the reservations pointed out by many re fitness, clumsiness, lack of ball control,  I like him and his goal a game scoring record speaks for itself.  I don't think we've seen the best of him yet, so if he's with us for another season, I feel sure he will prove to be a good signing.

I like Ofere...he's a bit of a lump, but has some skill, and intelligence, what we have to do is to play to each players strengths...with Ofere it is ball to feet or head, with Watkins it is a ball into space, that's only two things the other players have to remember....and tbf they look quite different, so should be easy to spot who is who, and play the ball appropraitely

I spent a bit of time watching him yesterday to see how he fitted in with the rest of the team.

At the moment he doesn't, well, not very well anyway!

He can't yet match the intensity of the passing game that Yogi has championed, which is quite understandable as the rest of them have had a whole season to fine tune it.

He strikes me as lazy too, or maybe not fully match-fit.

He does seem to be getting more aware of what's expected of him though and yesterday there were wee flashes of teamwork from him, something I haven't really noticed previously.

Still, if he can bumble around for 90 minutes and score a goal a game, that's good enough for me.

Keep him!

I like him.  He's a goal scorer but he's a lot more than that.  He's played some great lay offs for others and I don't think I can recall a player for ICT in any position who can control the ball as well as he does off his chest.  Get him signed up now!