ICT in Europe

EvilWhiteStripe

At the risk of jinxing everything, I am trying to piece together my schedule so I can make myself free just on the off chance we have a jolly jaunt into Europe next season.

Does anyone know the likely dates that we will be playing?

Nobody on this thread had said we are in Europe. Indeed the first poster was wary of jinxing the thing.

However, given that we won't know for sure the situation until the 30th of May, there is nothing wrong with people wanting to be aware of dates should we get there. If we qualify, and people want to go, time off will need to be arranged, and I guess people will want to make work aware that they may wish to take time off sometime in June.

• Agree 1

If we win the cup: 16th & 23rd July

If we finish third and don't win the cup 2nd & 9th July

In that second scenario, when would pre-season training have to start? There's barely time for a fortnight's holiday for the players and coaches.

Away on honeymoon 9th - 31st July, so really could do with us winning the Scottish Cup... then getting past the 16/23 July tie, so I can make a European away day! 

Away on honeymoon 9th - 31st July, so really could do with us winning the Scottish Cup... then getting past the 16/23 July tie, so I can make a European away day! 

Don't let a wee thing like a honeymoon stop you.  I was on honeymoon and d̶r̶a̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶    asked wife if she wanted to go to league cup tie v Annan a few years ago. She understood , and let me go.

After tonight's superb win, we are now just one win away from securing 3rd spot.  On Saturday our two challengers play each other in Perth.  Should they draw then a draw for us at Dundee would be enough.  Another pressure game against Utd would be hard and we can't expect to get anything against Celtic (who will have a point to prove) so it really is important to get 3rd spot secured at Dundee on Saturday.  Another performance like tonight's and Dundee will find it hard to live with us.

• Agree 1

The game on Saturday will be the 5th time in our short history that we go into a game knowing that a victory puts us into Europe. If it doesn't go to plan at Dens, we'll still have a 6th, 7th and 8th chance before the end of the season!

After tonight's superb win, we are now just one win away from securing 3rd spot.  On Saturday our two challengers play each other in Perth.  Should they draw then a draw for us at Dundee would be enough.  Another pressure game against Utd would be hard and we can't expect to get anything against Celtic (who will have a point to prove) so it really is important to get 3rd spot secured at Dundee on Saturday.  Another performance like tonight's and Dundee will find it hard to live with us.

Should they draw then one of them will need a lot of goals to overtake us.

We lose 1-0 to Dundee.

We lose 2-0 to Utd

We lose 4-0 to Celtic

Saints and Utd draw

Utd beat Dundee by a goal

Utd would finish above us on GD.

Not the most outrageous set of results.

Exactly - not impossible! I agree with DD that we need to seize the day at Dundee and get this over and done with.

I think its good that Celtic is the last game.

I would like to see St J win on Sat, if we don't win, then Celtic could do it for us a week on Friday.

Its in our own hands though with a team capable of beating the best of them.

I think its good that Celtic is the last game.

I would like to see St J win on Sat, if we don't win, then Celtic could do it for us a week on Friday.

Its in our own hands though with a team capable of beating the best of them.

Do you really think Celtic will want to do us any favours?  :cry:

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic