ICT in Europe

EvilWhiteStripe

Out of interest, how come Aberdeen are entering in the 1st qualifying round? Did Motherwell not enter a round later this season for finishing 2nd?

I thought 2nd and 3rd place enter the 1st round and cup winner enters 2nd round. Not sure if things have changed in recent years as I know that it used to be the cup runner up got it if the winner had secured entry in the league also.

Hoping we get at least someone we have heard of but on the flip side not sure if the likes of Real Sociedad or Lyon will know where Inverness is! All we can hope for is mainland europe wouldn't be much of a trip to Ireland or down south.

Out of interest, how come Aberdeen are entering in the 1st qualifying round? Did Motherwell not enter a round later this season for finishing 2nd?

I thought 2nd and 3rd place enter the 1st round and cup winner enters 2nd round. Not sure if things have changed in recent years as I know that it used to be the cup runner up got it if the winner had secured entry in the league also.

Hoping we get at least someone we have heard of but on the flip side not sure if the likes of Real Sociedad or Lyon will know where Inverness is! All we can hope for is mainland europe wouldn't be much of a trip to Ireland or down south. Looking it up on wicky will also tell you which countries/ teams are in it.Theres quite a few but it also tells you which ones aren't so don't expect, England, Spain etc

I was hoping Man Utd's slump would continue so we'd get them in the Europa. Looks like we're going to have to settle for Liverpool instead. :sad: Dave the Rave will nip in at the back post in the last minute to knock his former club out. I guess we could still draw United in the later rounds if they finish third in their CL group.

Edited by AlexJones

Looking at the Wikipedia page, the glamour tie for me from the first round would be AIK from Sweden. I also notice England getting a European place through fair play enter the first round which I believe West Ham are currently favourites for that spot.

Edited by ICTRoughi

They were making jokes on TV about West Ham ( Fair play entry) having to be back in training in the middle of June. Basically no hols for the players. 

When will our guys who need a break, not to mention the others at the club, have to be back getting ready for the matches?

Any new team members will need some sort of pre - season how can that be arranged?

Good info on Wikipedia indeed. The draw being on 22 June doesn't give a lot of time to get organised especially if we get a country outwith the EU and need flights and visas.

Hoping we get at least someone we have heard of but on the flip side not sure if the likes of Real Sociedad or Lyon will know where Inverness is! All we can hope for is mainland europe wouldn't be much of a trip to Ireland or down south.

Indeed! I'm far from sure how many Inverness fans would know how to get to Lyon or to  :lol: Sociedad :lol:

Indeed! I'm far from sure how many Inverness fans would know how to get to Lyon or to :lol: Sociedad :lol:

It seems many Invernessians can't find the TCS!

• Agree 2

They were making jokes on TV about West Ham ( Fair play entry) having to be back in training in the middle of June. Basically no hols for the players. 

When will our guys who need a break, not to mention the others at the club, have to be back getting ready for the matches?

Any new team members will need some sort of pre - season how can that be arranged?

If we go in at the 1st Qualify round, the team will be lucky if they get a fortnight off.....as for staff, no rest for the wicked as there's a whole host of prep that needs to take place (even without knowing the draw) for them as well.

I believe the "manual" provided by UEFA for everything that needs to be in place is about 2 inches thick.  Even for a geek like myself, tackling that is a fairly daunting prospect!! :lol:

I remember a few years ago when teams like Rangers and Liverpool chartered planes to their away ties, they were flown by Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson, who kept himself busy when not on tour by working as a commercial pilot.  That would be an interesting flight.

"6 - 6 - 6, the number of the beast!"

post-50-0-10631500-1431640893.jpg

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic