ICT in Europe

EvilWhiteStripe

Well at ICT Butcher started off with " Hallowed be thy name " and "brave New World " ended with "Wasted Years" and "The Number of the Beast".

I'veactually  got a family holiday in south-west England in the middle of July which is likely to clash with our "maiden" trip into Europe, but I could always miss part of the holiday.

In other words, "Devon Can Wait"

:getmecoat:

• Agree 1

Had a vivid dream that we were in the Europa League final against German side Bochum.  At the end of 90 mins, Bochum celebrated wildly, at having kept us to 0-0.  There was then a bit of a hoo-haa when they were insisting that it should go straight to penalties rather than extra time.  But common sense prevailed, and Tansey scored in the first period which was had me celebrating so much that unfortunately it woke me up and I'll never know how the game ended.

• Agree 1

I know Bochum it is just down the Road from Bocholt. I used to visit Bocholt a lot. We arranged games with their junior sides as part of Town Twinning. Very nice people from that area.

Waiting for the round and the draw is more like "waiting for Godot" ,

Don't know where we are going too.this summer

Warned my good lady we could be going far away but don't know where.

It looks likely that we'll be seeded if we enter at the first stage. But, obviously I hope we win the Scottish Cup and make that scenario redundant!

Entering at Round 2, my guess is that we'd be un-seeded, potentially giving us a fixture with a 'known' club.

I wouldn't normally 'admit' to this, but since Yngwie's revealed he's been dreaming of the Europa League, I confess I did a 'mock draw'. (1st round - as we're guaranteed at least that)

We were paired with Welsh outfit Airbus UK Broughton! About 50 miles from Chorley! Oh how I laughed!!!

That would be ironic for IHE - first European adventure...and it's an hour away on the bus!

• Agree 3

Thinking sensibly for a minute

We dont really want a Scandanavian team, or Irish Republic........coz they will all be in the middle of there season and match fit.

Gibraltar, Liechenstien, Andorra, San Marino, Luxembourg, somewhere like that to get us into the third round. 

Edited by bauhaus

Slightly off topic, an in-depth interview with Ronny Delia. The reporter is banging on about Aberdeen, big Ronny retorts that they are the best team he has seen 'besides Inverness' in Scotland! :clapping: 

Predictably, the BBC jobsworth completely ignores this response, and quickly asks yet another question about the Dons. :thumbdown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32673556

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 1

We dont really want a Scandanavian team, or Irish Republic........coz they will all be in the middle of there season and match fit.

The Northern Irish teams play the same type of season as us (expect no football on a Sunday!).  A trip to Belfast to face Linfield or Glentoran (featuring Curtis Allen - booo!) would be good fun and might see us bring 500+ fans.  Glenavon (Johnny Tuffey - booo!) are in the draw as well, but they're in County Armagh not far from the Republic border I believe.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

I wouldn't normally 'admit' to this, but since Yngwie's revealed he's been dreaming of the Europa League, I confess I did a 'mock draw'.

A dream/nightmare I've had several times over the years is that I'm drafted in to play as a striker for ICT at TCS. But the game just seems to take place around me, as if I'm not there. I can't keep up with play and don't get anywhere near the ball, despite trying my best.

I'd imagine this is what it was like to be Andrew Barrowman.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 2

Gibraltar, Liechenstien, Andorra, San Marino, Luxembourg, somewhere like that to get us into the third round. 

I'd expect all these teams to be eliminated at the first hurdle!

If the nightmare scenario of losing the cup final came to pass, we'd have a very good chance of winning a tie in European competition.

2nd round will be tougher with much of the 'dross' eliminated! There's always a silver lining!!

Silver lining...

Gimme the Hammers please...I'd much rather have a cracking day out against quality premier league opposition than a tie with a 'dross' outfit in the back of beyond just to have a better chance of a Euro win.

A wee bit further than Broughton from Chorley but I could nip down the A11 on my bike with my kilt blowing in the wind  :ohmy:

• Agree 2

Silver lining...

Gimme the Hammers please...I'd much rather have a cracking day out against quality premier league opposition than a tie with a 'dross' outfit in the back of beyond just to have a better chance of a Euro win.

A wee bit further than Broughton from Chorley but I could nip down the A11 on my bike with my kilt blowing in the wind  :ohmy:

Good result for Norwich yesterday I suppose you will be peddling to Wembley as well ?

• 2 weeks later...

As seasons across Europe come to an end, the list of teams who we may face has become clearer. If we were to lose the final, we could play these teams in the First Round (dependent on seeding):

Red Star Belgrade

Rosenborg

Brondby

Go Ahead Eagles

If we win the final and qualify for the Second Round, we could play:

Legia Warsaw

FC Copenhagen

If we made it to the Third Round, we could play Dortmund, Liverpool, Marseille or Villarreal. On the other hand, we could be knocked out by the likes of Airbus UK or Inter Baku in the First Round, so don't get too excited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League

Edited by Guest

The Northern Irish teams play the same type of season as us (expect no football on a Sunday!). A trip to Belfast to face Linfield or Glentoran (featuring Curtis Allen - booo!) would be good fun and might see us bring 500+ fans. Glenavon (Johnny Tuffey - booo!) are in the draw as well, but they're in County Armagh not far from the Republic border I believe.

Glenavon are from Lurgan so 25mins down the motorway from Belfast. Any of the NI teams would be ideal as

(a) home game for me, and;

(b) the standard is utterly rancid. We'd comfortably win against all 3.

• Agree 1

I was told once as well that (to my surprise) Linfield fans are alright, but Glentoran have a real nasty side to them.  I've been past The Oval myself and it's not the type of place I'd want to get stuck in to be honest.

I'd be delighted to get a team from the Republic.  Cork City would be a nice trip.  Fly to Dublin and then travelling through Ireland would be brilliant.

As seasons across Europe come to an end, the list of teams who we may face has become clearer. If we were to lose the final, we could play these teams in the First Round (dependent on seeding):

Red Star Belgrade

Rosenborg

Brondby

Go Ahead Eagles

If we win the final and qualify for the Second Round, we could play:

Legia Warsaw

FC Copenhagen

If we made it to the Third Round, we could play Dortmund, Liverpool, Marseille or Villarreal. On the other hand, we could be knocked out by the likes of Airbus UK or Inter Baku in the First Round, so don't get too excited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_UEFA_Europa_League

Copenhagen away would be quality!

I was told once as well that (to my surprise) Linfield fans are alright, but Glentoran have a real nasty side to them.  I've been past The Oval myself and it's not the type of place I'd want to get stuck in to be honest.

I'd be delighted to get a team from the Republic.  Cork City would be a nice trip.  Fly to Dublin and then travelling through Ireland would be brilliant.

To be fair I've heard the opposite. Me having a soft spot for the Glens might have something to do with that though ! :lol:

That's West Ham in for the First Qualifying Round as well now. The Green Street Elite v. Section E would be a sight to behold.

Edited by Guest

Hope we win on Saturday to make it into the 2nd Qualifying Round - although I'm guilty of looking at possible opposition in the 1st Qualifying Round!

Whatever the outcome on Saturday, I'm with Yogi on this one - from a recent interview, he suggested that a 'winnable' tie would be his first hope from our Euro adventure; followed by a tie against a 'name team' coming to Inverness! 

The way Yogi and the lads are racking up milestones for the club I wouldnt put it past him to reach the group stages ! But seriously, I think the aim mentioned above is a good one .... anything else is bonus, 

• Scotty featured this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured this topic