Terry Butcher

County1966

The peccadillos of his  pontificating personality are of no consequence to me since we are all human and different.

More often than not, these can actually be quite entertaining or amusing.

But what set my fuse alight was when it became very apparent that he had crossed the line by contacting the HIbs before (in one way or another)  he had informed the club of his strategy or intentions.

That was against the rules and if any fan thinks that is right then welcome to a "no rules" environment and chaos wrapped in the dissipation and subsequent dereliction of duty and loyalty etc.. Especially when the Management of the club had treated him fairly and squarely and rightly would have expected to have been taken into his confidence  as a minimum.

The flaring match that set alight my second fuse was his insults to both the Management and fans of ICT by sitting in the stand with the Hibs' management at the first game against ICT at Easter Road as if the ICT people had never been fair to him or guiven him his chance to shine in the sun.

• Agree 4

We have moved on and moved on successfully since then.

Hats off to the ICT board for that. Roll back to when Terry left and many fans were concerned about whether we could maintain progress. At that point we were riding high in the league and looking forward to a cup semi thanks to Terry and his backroom as well as players. Yogi's appointment was a surprise and questioned in many quarters (me included) especially when results initially went south. 18 months on and we are playing attractive passing football, in with a great chance of Euro qualification (even with faltering recent form) and looking forward to our 1st Scottish Cup final against a tricky, albeit slightly less fancied opponent ... Who'd have thunk it?! Well done everybody.

• Agree 5

In just a few days and his personality has been stamped on Newport!!!

"Newport appeals to me like Inverness did because you can rebuild the team and the club. I'm not just the manager, I'm the leader. I'm here to lead the club forward on and off the pitch. There are followers and leaders in football and I'm a leader."

I have this vision of him tonight watching sky sports news, sitting slumped on the sofa bottle in one hand and a revolver in the other. Never mind Terry.

• Agree 1

Terry Butcher no longer has anything to do with our club....so can we bump this thread to a more appropriate part of the site, please?

to, Olde Inverness??

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Butcher on Hibs - “We never went to them begging for a job. They head-hunted us. I was under the impression that we would get the chance to bring our own players in, build our own squad, our own team, like we did at Inverness, but it never happened"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

While recognising his faults, which I think Tommy Cummings summed up well in his recent interview, I don't believe we would be in Europe and in the cup final this weekend without the fine work he did. 

Unfortunately the manner of his leaving overshadows that.

• Agree 1

In a parallel universe somewhere, we're still being managed by Pele and about to enter our 10th season in the Champions League.

Thought they banned legal highs...

In a parallel universe somewhere, we're still being managed by Pele and about to enter our 10th season in the Champions League.

...and in another, player-manager Lionel Djebi-Zadi has just led us to a third victory in the Quidditch World Cup.

• Agree 1