St Johnstone -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

The fixtures are in our favour. We have technically a 5 point lead over both with the goal difference and if we avoid defeat to Utd on Tuesday then we should be ok. If we draw then we are 5 points above both with the two tayside teams playing each other when we face Dundee. If we win then we go 7 clear and if both teams cancel each other out next weekend we would be certain. Just have to get that one win hopefully on Tuesday. 

We don't make it easy for ourselves, do we?

Still, we have a great chance of 3rd place. Either we beat the Arabs twice at home, or even take 4 points off them plus beat Dundee, and I don't think we could then be caught.

So it is in our hands.  I remain confident we can do it.  I'm sure we all want to secure  3rd place before the SC Final so that we can go into that match without the added pressure of having to win for a European place

Onwards and upwards lads.

agreed with 12th man we don't have to beat United but really they have to beat us although we would like to settle our nerves a little. We still have time but I really hope that we don't need something from the last game because well Celtic will get given the trophy in front of a capacity crowd and regardless of the nonsense with Josh and the ref we were the team that stopped their treble so they will be up for it so need to sort it out soon. IT IS NOT A MUST WIN BUT CERTAINLY A MUST NOT LOSE.

Edited by gingerjaggy

Disappointing to lose the equaliser but the Super J's probably deserved a point. We could have killed it off before that though.

Ref Dallas completely spoiled the game. Booed by both sets of fans which sums it up.

Strange one, Yogi still persisting with Marley up front and Eddie lying much deeper. Surely better the other way round or play them as a pair.

• Agree 1

Take the point but disappointed in Hughes tactics and last 15 min set up and substitution . Had hoped offere would improve with game time but now looks like he is going backwards

Was at the game yesterday and I thought that we done well enough to win the three points up until Yogi had taken off Doran for Devine, St Johnstone scoring and Raven being sent off.

I thought after we had scored our goal, we had some good chances to score a second and have to mention the superb solo run by Josh Meekings but he went for the safe option and passed to Doran who missed it.

I was pretty baffled by Yogi's substitution taking Doran off and replacing him with Devine which in one respect I can see why trying to protect the one nill advantage but Devine was stuck in centre midfield and just looked like a rabbit in headlights. We have Nick Ross, Ryan Christie and Tarmo Kink on the bench, all creative players, they should have been given the nod IMO.

The ref was garbage - far too card happy. I agree with Yogi when he said he was out of his depth.

We have a massive game on Tuesday now and it will be great to have Ross Draper back.

• Agree 1

We probably had the better of the chances, but how St Johnstone didn't score at the start of the second half, I still haven't worked out. Given that we didn't kill it when we had the chance, a draw was probably fair. And given our track record in Perth, I'll take a draw. It does St Johnstone more harm than us.

The formation didn't seem to quite work yesterday. Doran seemed to spend a lot of time in the middle. So we lacked a bit of width on the right. How about pushing him up wifh Ofere, and playing Watkins on the right? Doran has quick feet and a good touch in the box, so may be worth a try.

Finally, WTF was that ref about? Every technical, niggly foul was a booking, but he let the nastier stuff go. And Raven's first booking? He was clearly unhappy with the challenge on him but when two Saints players square up to him, he's the one that gets booked? And didn't think that his tackle at the end was worthy of a second booking. The blatant dive in the box went unpunished too. Aparently, this guy has been fast-tracked. If that's the case, God help us when the rest of his cohort turn up, if he is the best.

Doran's goal-scoring record is second to none. I wonder how many more he'd have if we'd put him up front rather than Watkins?

Surely it's worth swapping the two around, even if only for 20 minutes in a game. The team definitely needs shaking up. Everyone has figured us out. Our current form fills me with dread for next season. Look at what's happened to Motherwell. Second place last year, relegation dogfight this year. That could easily happen to us. All the lower teams are improving, and we're going backwards.

Doran's goal-scoring record is second to none. I wonder how many more he'd have if we'd put him up front rather than Watkins?

Surely it's worth swapping the two around, even if only for 20 minutes in a game. The team definitely needs shaking up. Everyone has figured us out. Our current form fills me with dread for next season. Look at what's happened to Motherwell. Second place last year, relegation dogfight this year. That could easily happen to us. All the lower teams are improving, and we're going backwards.

Have you forgotten about the last 2 seasons? Look back at how we ended those and started the next.