Cup Final ticket sales

jugs116

well I received my tickets at 10.15 this morning by phone but they didn't tell me which section I was in as I couldn't choose where to seat apart from buying in the East stand. I hope F1 is where they are selling first then i am happy. 

Perhaps someone who bought tickets can enlighten us as to what buying options are available from the club shop as a poster mentioned that people were choosing their seats. I spoke to a Celtic fan regarding advice where to sit (hes been there enough) and he said the north stand to see the winners lift the cup. He thought he would be close enough in the south stand, until everyone stood up and he's 6' then saw nothing.

Edited by 12th Man

Perhaps someone who bought tickets can enlighten us as to what buying options are available from the club shop as a poster mentioned that people were choosing their seats. I spoke to a Celtic fan regarding advice where to sit (hes been there enough) and he said the north stand to see the winners lift the cup. He thought he would be close enough in the south stand, until everyone stood up and he's 6' then saw nothing.

I'm not sure whether there was a complete free-for-all with respect to choosing seat or whether they were being sold section by section (with a choice of seats within each section). There was certainly an open choice about which stand to be in (North, East or South): South was no concessions and F1 (East) was singing section. We're in F2, and we were allowed to chose where in that section we wanted to sit. Hope that helps! Lwet's just hope we want to see the cup being lifted!

It seems it was just people who phoned were not able to choose a specific seat.

What an absolutely bizarre side topic we have here in regards to moans about the waiting times at the stadium.  Appears to me that those complaining weren't there and weren't affected by it....essentially having a moan on behalf of people who may have had reason to moan, but aren't...!!

In regards to orders taken over the phone.

I believe that if you phoned the number instructed (0844 847 1888) then you would have been told where your tickets were for...these calls were being handled by the Ticketmaster call centre.  If you phoned the stadium then any available staff were taking written orders to be processed by ticket sales staff later. As they did not have system access, then they would have been unable to allocate your tickets at the time of the call.

So, it wasn't just 2 staff dealing with ticket sales...it was in fact ALL available members of staff who were working on it, just not all of them in the ticket office itself. Considering they also had match preparations ahead of tonight's game to handle as well as other day to day operations, I think they're (once again) doing a pretty remarkable job all in all.

• Agree 12

My hubby didn't care how long the queue was for his tickets he would have waited any length of time (he waited from 9.50 to 10.45 at front of queue) as he has waited 21 years for caley thistle to be in the final. Nothing is going to stop him going  :crazy:

• Agree 5

What an absolutely bizarre side topic we have here in regards to moans about the waiting times at the stadium. Appears to me that those complaining weren't there and weren't affected by it....essentially having a moan on behalf of people who may have had reason to moan, but aren't...!!

I believe that if you phoned the number instructed (0844 847 1888) then you would have been told where your tickets were for...these calls were being handled by the Ticketmaster call centre. If you phoned the stadium then any available staff were taking written orders to be processed by ticket sales staff later. As they did not have system access, then they would have been unable to allocate your tickets at the time of the call.

So, it wasn't just 2 staff dealing with ticket sales...it was in fact ALL available members of staff who were working on it, just not all of them in the ticket office itself. Considering they also had match preparations ahead of tonight's game to handle as well as other day to day operations, I think they're (once again) doing a pretty remarkable job all in all.

Its noisy at the back and quiet at the front. Reasonable question, right about the moans though as no one is going to miss out on a ticket. Edited by 12th Man

I believe that if you phoned the number instructed (0844 847 1888) then you would have been told where your tickets were for...these calls were being handled by the Ticketmaster call centre.  If you phoned the stadium then any available staff were taking written orders to be processed by ticket sales staff later. As they did not have system access, then they would have been unable to allocate your tickets at the time of the call.

Can you choose your seat (or at least your section) when ordering online? Just getting myself sorted for when they go on general sale tomorrow  :crazy:

Tickets bought over the phone - got to choose which stand, which section and which row - all done and dusted within 3 minutes of picking up the phone.

Great service and experience - well done to all at the ticket office - cheers  :cheer01:

• Agree 4

Tickets bought online this morning - quick and easy.  Chose not to go for the concessions, just because of position offered.  Couldn't choose specific seats but was able to compare D4 and F3 positions using this:

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/visitor-information/stadium-plan.html

Now all I have to do is sort the travel . . .

• Agree 1

With us having the North, East and South stands I can only assume the allocation would be 20/25K for each team. How many of that allocation we sell as Kingsmill says doesn't matter.

Agree but remeber only half the north and south stands for us and they will only open up the east stand section by section as tickets start to sell as I understand it. I am sure there will be plenty tickets for all but would be dleighted if we needed more.