Catching the final on American telly

As the result of poor timing on our part, we're gonna be in Vegas on Final day. We hope to find a friendly bartender at 7am on matchday to tune his telly into the match. Can anyone tell us the likely channel it'll be broadcast on that a vegas bartender could tune in to?

Thanks Brinson. Modbro gets good reviews - but it seems to be only available for android devices. Does anyone know of an app that'll work on an iOS I-Pad?

On my iPhone to watch streams, I download puffin web browser which allows me to play videos on the usual streaming sites.

Thanks Brinson. Modbro gets good reviews - but it seems to be only available for android devices. Does anyone know of an app that'll work on an iOS I-Pad?

On my iPhone to watch streams, I download puffin web browser which allows me to play videos on the usual streaming sites.

Thanks Iain. I'll give puffin a go. Sorry to sound thick, but which of the usual streaming sites do you reckon would be best to stream the game in the U.S.?

guys - please conform to the rules of this site and refrain from discussing or posting links to illegal streaming sites in open forum ..... :wink:  

It should be available on iPlayer here in the uk - just remember to set your location/region to Scotland.

That won't work unless he is using a VPN to connect, as iPlayer will block him because of his IP.

Looking online it seems to be on the following channels in UK: BBC One Scotland / BBC One Scotland HD / Sky Sports 3 / Sky Sports 3 HD

For the SKY Sports channels this usually translates to Fox Sports in USA or to Sportsnet World in Canada. Pretty sure you could find someone showing that somewhere but you may run into the same problem I face here which is that the timing matches the FA cup final and there are gonna be way more Arsenal and Villa fans dominating the TVs so many bars will simply say no !!! Do a search for "sports bar, soccer, las vegas" or some combination and there are a ton that come up. you may need to email them or send a message on FB/Twitter and ask ..... 

For the BBC coverage this may end up being on a free to air sports channel in USA or Canada or on one that has a small fee and may be included in most people's cable/satellite channel packages if they dont opt for the most basic cable. For me that would be Sportsnet 1/2/3/4 (but not World). Not sure what that would be for the USA. The channels typically dont release schedules more than a couple of weeks in advance so I cant find any verifiable info.   

I have a feeling this will also be streamed live on the BBC website or on iPlayer as mentioned above but it is only for the UK and the BBC block it if your IP comes from outside the UK. You can get round this with a reliable proxy or (better still) a VPN connection with a British IP address but the BBC is very good at blocking the feed so if you go this route I would recommend you test this as soon as you land over the pond and not on the morning of the match !

As also mentioned above - and thanks for not posting any links in open forum - there is also the option of using a 'dodgy stream'. These are easy to find and normally reasonable quality.  

It should be available on iPlayer here in the uk - just remember to set your location/region to Scotland.

That won't work unless he is using a VPN to connect, as iPlayer will block him because of his IP.

My advice was purely for anyone living in the uk who wished to watch the final online in an entirely legal manner.

Further to Scotty's earlier comment, I am certainly not suggesting that overseas readers use hola, puffin or any similar ip adjusters, as that would be encouraging illegal activity.

• Agree 1

grey area .... use of a VPN itself is not illegal but using it to watch geographically restricted content whilst not illegal could technically fall foul of copyright rules or other terms of service. Provided it is for personal use (ie watching a feed) and you are not streaming the content to a bar full of punters or engaged in any illegal file-sharing or nefarious acts then I doubt most providers would be bothered ...... if they were, they would most likely go after the VPN providers rather than the users.  

Netflix in USA was recently accused (and denied) targeting users in other countries who were using VPNs to access the much larger catalogue of content available in USA ... For my own part, I use a personal VPN service to access US/UK/Canada content depending on where I am and what I need to see or listen to and I use a private VPN service when I am working from home and connected to my office.