Yogi manager of the Year

gingerjaggy

Great news indeed and puts Inverness Caley Thistle again in the Spotlight, for all the right reasons. Well done Yogi. Many many congratulations.

• Agree 1

I am delighted for him. I am fortunate in that I get to speak to the big guy more than most fans and he's a gem. No matter the result, no matter how much he's been wound up he's an absolute pro. Will talk about the game - with a depth of insight that would surprise some, always talks up his players and has a real affinity for the club. Will never sulk, never avoid the issues and never act the prima donna. He can be devastatingly honest at times (and not always for his own good) but his knowledge of people and how to get the best out of them is second to none. His predecessor was always praised for motivating people but if anything, Yogi is better.

There's also the fact that he's a genuinely good bloke. When he was appointed, I remember being taken aback at how enthusiastic Kenny Cameron was about his appointment. There really was no other person who came close to surpassing Yogi. Wasn't wrong there then!

Well done.

• Agree 8

Nom Nom Nom, humble pie has never tasted so delicious. I was one of the sceptics after his appointment but I've been won over and some.

Yogi is a top man, one of the real good guys of football and I'm delighted for him. Richly deserved and a tremendous honour for both Yogi and the club.

By all accounts his acceptance speech brought the house down. Hayley McQueen just tweeted it was the best she's ever heard.

Edited by Hiro
  • Agree 3

Congratulations J H A well deserved honour for yourself and the club. It is fantastic news.

Recognition in your first full season at Inverness, Good lord man do they know what they have done, have they realised yet that this is a Highland club manager  they have chosen and a Team that is still in the learning process. ..........whatever are they going to give you next season when we win the league ?

You have brought a lot of pride, clever football and kudos to Inverness so a big thank you for that. I only hope you will stay with us  at least until we conquer Europe, then you can rest on your laurels.

Thanks again John for winning over all the support too...................Hopefully the numbers will climb and come and be entertained by the best club in the SPFL.

Huge congrats to yogi, well deserved and as many have said on here. Shine a bright postive light upon the club

Hopefully will get a bit more respect from the Central belt bias'd media :)

Although, its hilarious thinking about what the conspiracy theorists among the so called fans of one of glasgow's ugly sisters

coming out with as a reason for how we stopped them from getting yet another treble haha

I will only ejaculate and congratulate after 30/05/15.

Come, come.

Hail, Hail :lol:  But come on folks. If we slip up, come 4th and lose the final - what does that accolade mean. I have backed him from the off and think he is still the best man for the job but to me "the best" should never be "second best".