Proctor

L_G

According to the P & J, we are interested in bringing Proc back,  if he's available on a free transfer.  Apparently we haven't received all the money we are due in respect of his transfer in the first place. No real surprise there then.

I think he has real potential and he is excellent back up for Rossco, but he is happy playing left or right back or in midfield.  A good squad player with the potential to be a first team regular in the future.  He's still young and has plenty time to prove himself.  Hope that this Utd carry on hasn't dented his confidence too much.  He only went with the promise of 1st team football

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said on another thread, I'd easily have him back at the club... best bit of business ever done :015: :015:

GIRUY Grocer & Brew

Potentially it could be. But I would imagine that if we want him back we might need to waive the final part of the transfer that United have yet to pay.

I saw him play at right back for Utd a few times, and he was as culpable as anyone for the goals they were leaking.

We tended to play him on the right of midfield, but he looked out of place and wasn't really up to it.

So, if he's not a defender and not a midfielder, what is he?!

Guest Arab4Ever

United are still haggling with Ayr over a fee as they don't want to pay any more than 20k. Ayr might be taking it to a tribunal.

United are a shocking club to deal with.

And why should we want to pay more than we have too? Its compensation, not a transfer fee. Ayr were wanting 120k for him which is never going to happen.

According to the P & J, we are interested in bringing Proc back,  if he's available on a free transfer.  Apparently we haven't received all the money we are due in respect of his transfer in the first place. No real surprise there then.

I expect the money still to be paid is for appearances etc which are yet to happen. Either that or it was agreed when the money would be paid. I severely doubt Utd are behind in any payments as a) Your chairmen would be in the press bitching as usual and b) Utd would probably be in court

And why should we want to pay more than we have too? Its compensation, not a transfer fee. Ayr were wanting 120k for him which is never going to happen.

Of course you shouldn't have to pay any more than you should do but then you should also pay what is a fair price for the lad to compensate Ayr for his development. 20k is an insult.

I severely doubt Utd are behind in any payments as a) Your chairmen would be in the press bitching as usual and b) Utd would probably be in court

Thank goodness no one from United does that eh?  :006:

Guest Arab4Ever

Of course you shouldn't have to pay any more than you should do but then you should also pay what is a fair price for the lad to compensate Ayr Utd for his development. 20k is an insult.

I agree completely but the problem is in agreeing a fair price. Obviously AUFC will think it should be more and DUFC think it should be less. There was supposed to be a tribunal to agree compensation however Eddie Thompson decided to postpone the tribunal as he questioned why it was the SPL and not the SFA that was deciding the value of compensation. This does seem pretty although perhaps hes pissed of with AUFC being unrealistic and demanding 120k - before kindly coming down to 60k :014:... Mind you most of that is info from the press, not my "mole" that everyone seems to have these days.

Guest Arab4Ever

If it did turn out to be 35-40k, as a fan (ie having no clue about the financing etc of the club) I would be happy as he has turned out be a real gem of a player. Mind you at the time perhaps it would have been too much as it was a huge gamble for Brew. Incidentally Brew turned out to be completely inept tactics wise (we were warned :006:) but he did make some excellent signings.

Guest kingkojak

proctor can GTF.  with dods leaving we need to sign some decent defensive cover. we cant afford to have shrek ears fannying about at right back.  :018:

he was never good enough to break into the starting 11 when he was here so whats the point resigning him. 

Proc was unlucky with injury when he was with us, so he never got a run in the 1st team.  Every time it looked possible, something happened.  With a bit more luck on the injury front, I think he can do a job for us as cover for Rossco if nothing else.