Proctor

L_G

nuff said camels breath...................................you don't know much about a team 4ever.......................

chin up............Dumpdee are pisher now without bobby.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was intrigued to see Craig Levein on North Tonight totally failing to comprehend the PCA situation.

He seems unable to comprehend the fact that Dods will be lining up against his team tomorrow. He just shook his head in bewilderment and said its crazy quite a lot! I wondered why it was so difficult for him to understand? Dods is our player till his contract with US runs out!!

The legal bit about a pre contract has yet to be made clear to me. Dods, Cowie and Gow currently have contracts. They cannot sign new contracts : one because they are under contract, and two the window is closed.

Without seeing the documentation presumably a party can withdraw without too much compensation. Dods could say 'I made a mistake, I'm staying'. If not it is a contract. Presumably a party could change their mind and with significant EU legislation and system behind them back out. An agreement has less status than a contract.

First I though it was like an engagement to marry. But then if you have a contract you cannot then be unfaithful until that contract expires so Levein is out of order pursuing Dods during the engagement period.  Football's governiing body has dictated that the new marriage cannot start until midnight when the old one ends.

But then I thought it can only be a future contract and that is based on goodwill and someone like Bosman or Webster will drive a cart and horses through it.

Over to our legal advisers to provide advice because a scan of google is inconclusive.

Guest Suspicious Mind

Proctor will only become available if the Grocer does the honourable thing (must be first time for everything), pays the remainder of the fee we are due and reaches a settlement with the lad. It is not his fault that the new manager doesn't fancy him!

Why should we fit all the terms together just to benefit ICT. This is Dundee United and we are not a charity. If ICT were wanting him enough I am sure you could have met us halfway. And assuming the money we owe you is appearance based (which most likely it is) then why should we pay it if he doesnt reach the right number of appearances.

Levein shows his total lack of class by trying to dishearten the boy publically, undermine his confidence and try to get him to walk without compensation. He has adapted to the role of the Grocer's apprentice very readily.he is willing to accept that his role will be similar to before and the inflated wages available at the corner shop are not our style, then grab him.

What a crock of ****. Levein was doing whats best for United first and secondly David. By agreeing to let David leave early he was doing him a favour at the same time as well as knocking about 52k off the yearly United wage bill. Then when Mair was crocked he had to change his mind. Hes hardly going to let Proctor toddle off and leave the team with no defensive cover. Craig and ET will do whats best for us, not ICT.

And as for "Trying to dishearten the boy publically" anyone with an ounce of ****ing sense knows he didnt set out to "stab" him in the back and for ****s sake hes a footballer, not an 8 year old boy :015: :015:

Obviously, like certain states of Southern USA, once you've reached the age of eight, you rights go out the window and a free for all is the norm. Dundee.the city of discovery twinned with Hicksville South Alabama and other parts of the emerging world :021:

Ever been to Dingwall Arab4Arelativelyshort time?

Guest Arab4Ever

Proctor will only become available if the Grocer does the honourable thing (must be first time for everything), pays the remainder of the fee we are due and reaches a settlement with the lad. It is not his fault that the new manager doesn't fancy him!

Why should we fit all the terms together just to benefit ICT. This is Dundee United and we are not a charity. If ICT were wanting him enough I am sure you could have met us halfway. And assuming the money we owe you is appearance based (which most likely it is) then why should we pay it if he doesnt reach the right number of appearances.

Levein shows his total lack of class by trying to dishearten the boy publically, undermine his confidence and try to get him to walk without compensation. He has adapted to the role of the Grocer's apprentice very readily.he is willing to accept that his role will be similar to before and the inflated wages available at the corner shop are not our style, then grab him.

What a crock of ****. Levein was doing whats best for United first and secondly David. By agreeing to let David leave early he was doing him a favour at the same time as well as knocking about 52k off the yearly United wage bill. Then when Mair was crocked he had to change his mind. Hes hardly going to let Proctor toddle off and leave the team with no defensive cover. Craig and ET will do whats best for us, not ICT.

And as for "Trying to dishearten the boy publically" anyone with an ounce of ****ing sense knows he didnt set out to "stab" him in the back and for ****s sake hes a footballer, not an 8 year old boy :015: :015:

Obviously, like certain states of Southern USA, once you've reached the age of eight, you rights go out the window and a free for all is the norm. Dundee.the city of discovery twinned with Hicksville South Alabama and other parts of the emerging world :021:

Ever been to Dingwall Arab4Arelativelyshort time?

I didnt start supporting Utd properly until I was 11/12. And yes I have been to Dingwall and yes its more of a **** hole than Inverness. Anyway part-timers (Mantis, you included) I have a football match to go

Right, as I stated earlier I didnt know that Walter Smith played for United (back when Jesus was an apprentice). Where else have I shown a lack of revision and preperation sir?

You never knew ICT and DUFC had ever met in the Scottish. Never mind, you'll have read your match programme by now, so you'll know Gary McSwegan was an Arab too  :001:

You thought ICT had never reached the quarters, when in fact we reached 2 semis recently. Fair enuff, except that one semi was against your big city rivals Dundee, thought maybe you would notice that kind of thing. :001:

You never knew there was any history between Paterson & The Grocer. :001:

Not knowing the gate money is split for cup ties is not really about your team so I'll not mention it  :001:

I'll be along to edit this when I remember more  :001:

Anyway as Mannie says you take it on the chin and come back for more so you're good craic  :021:

nuff said camels breath...................................you don't know much about a team 4ever.......................

chin up............Dumpdee are pisher now without bobby.

oi !,eh resemble that remark,big Boab didnae get aff to the best oh starts at Peterheid eh? but eh'll let ya aff just fir Russel Duncan's sterling effort yestarday,fair enjoyed meh day oot

Guest Arab4Ever

Ha. fell for it I reckon  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

You've never heard of Ralph Milne.

Yep, just back from the game 20 mins ago, sorry to disappoint you  :015: :015: :015: :015:

I know who Ralphie Milne is. He scored the opening goal on May the 14th 1983. The day the league was won at Dens :011:

NEXT

Guest Arab4Ever

Great thing that Google eh?  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

I cant prove you wrong and you cant prove me wrong. :016:

Trust me though, I know fine well who he is. Just the other night I was watching the video clip on youtube of his goal. You should check it out, its even sweeter than Duncans yesterday

Guest Arab4Ever

I cant prove you wrong and you cant prove me wrong. :016:

Aye I can, even your smiley's blushing.

It's OK, I've seen the goal loads of times, ie I was alive when it was scored  :016:.

Ok, prove me wrong then.

And its hardly my fault I wasnt alive when it was scored. :014:

Guest Arab4Ever

Get back onto Google and see who Hamish MacAlpine is. He fixed my kitchen units a couple of years ago, and said it was the highlight of his career.

I know fine well who he is. He was the Utd GK for years as we graced the european stage

Guest Arab4Ever

I know who Ralphie Milne is. He scored the opening goal on May the 14th 1983. The day the league was won at Dens :011:

NEXT

Who was assistant manager to Jim McLean at that time, Arab features?

Il go with Walter Smith? I know he had a few spells with United.

NON - ICT / Re: Is anyone else...  on: January 09, 2007, 12:29:06 AM 

Quote from: Johnboy on January 08, 2007, 11:52:16 PM

I've admired Walter even since his scumdee united days..... I can't believe he wants to back there after the way they treated him when he left.

I assume by that comment you mean my wonderful team?

What link did he ever have with Utd?

You're learning fast.... :023:

Guest Arab4Ever

Who did Sergei Baltacha make over 300 appearances for as a player?

Och that's too feckin easy but like I say, buy some shares in Google..

It was Caley BTW  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Wrong, it was Dynamo Kiev. (it was a little under 300 but it doesnt make much difference)