2015/16 Season Ticket Info

CaleyD

Any word yet on number of STs sold so far? After the success of last season I would be disappointed not to exceed 4000.  Do potential newbies with young children realise that U12s are free in the North Stand?

Can anyone give any info when season tickets will be dispatched? I bought it online on the 31st of May but no sign of it yet.

I'd give the club a call just to check on what the state of play is as I think you should have received your books by now if everything went through ok (01463 227451)

Any word yet on number of STs sold so far? After the success of last season I would be disappointed not to exceed 4000.  Do potential newbies with young children realise that U12s are free in the North Stand?

The club don't do "numbers", but the Chairman did say in a statement the other week that sales were already outstripping previous seasons. Free U12 info is on all the advertising info, website and price tables....so I'd expect anyone looking in to buying season tickets would be aware of this.

• Agree 1

Ask Uncle Roy.....he claimed at a recent fans meeting in Dingwall that they had 400 more than us last season.  If you took his number of 1800 for Ross County then do the maths, you'll come up with the wrong answer for us.

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

They have no specific purpose and are put in there as extras/spares.  One of the situations which may require them to be used would be if a match was abandoned after fans were in the ground. Those who bought tickets would have a stub, but season ticket holders would not....and the spare vouchers would be used to allow them entry to the rearranged fixture.

I seem to remember back in the days of the 3rd division ( a long time ago) that we used these vouchers for early round of the Scottish Cup and didn't pay or was it just a dream?

I heard Stuart Cosgrove on the radio recently saying that St Johnstone do a kind of 'extra' on top of their season ticket.  Seemingly they pay about £20 on top of their regular ST and that covers them for home cup games as well (presumably it gets refunded if they don't have any that season).  That should be something we should look into I reckon.

I seem to remember back in the days of the 3rd division ( a long time ago) that we used these vouchers for early round of the Scottish Cup and didn't pay or was it just a dream?

Yeah I mind that if we got drawn against a big side then, when tickets went on sale to Season Ticket holders first, it was often the case that you would hand over Voucher A in return for your match ticket.

I heard Stuart Cosgrove on the radio recently saying that St Johnstone do a kind of 'extra' on top of their season ticket.  Seemingly they pay about £20 on top of their regular ST and that covers them for home cup games as well (presumably it gets refunded if they don't have any that season).  That should be something we should look into I reckon.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get refunded. If there's no home cup games then tough. 

• 2 weeks later...

C*unty introduce £175 10 game season ticket

Our friends over the bridge have released details of a 10 game season ticket for £175. To me, this is a brilliant idea and would surely appeal to a lot of our central belt / offshore / shift working fans who cannot commit to a full season ticket. As someone who lives outside the area and works away I know that I would certainly buy one at that price. I did email the club about it a while ago and received a good response, but have heard nothing since. 

If even 200 people took that up that would be an extra £35,000 in club coffers. An extra player, or a couple of youth players? I'd expect a lot of out of area folk would buy one, even just to support the club, and at £17.50 a game it hardly matters if you miss one or two. 

• Agree 1

C*unty introduce £175 10 game season ticket

Our friends over the bridge have released details of a 10 game season ticket for £175. To me, this is a brilliant idea and would surely appeal to a lot of our central belt / offshore / shift working fans who cannot commit to a full season ticket. As someone who lives outside the area and works away I know that I would certainly buy one at that price. I did email the club about it a while ago and received a good response, but have heard nothing since. 

If even 200 people took that up that would be an extra £35,000 in club coffers. An extra player, or a couple of youth players? I'd expect a lot of out of area folk would buy one, even just to support the club, and at £17.50 a game it hardly matters if you miss one or two. 

I think they may have tried this in the past at the request of a fan but can't remember how interested people were to take up the offer.When people can just payg.

An away SPFL ST book would collectively be more beneficial to encourage more away fans but brings about its own problems, the best way to get bums on seats is to enjoy the day out.

The club have looked at 10 game books a few times.  The last time they offered them the take-up was in single figures and with the cost of getting the voucher books done, additional administration etc. it just didn't make any economic sense.

Out of interest when have the club trialed a 10 game season ticket before? Personally it is not something I have been aware of in the past, although I have seen the 'half season' book advertised around Christmas, which is also a decent initiative.

I just can't help but feel this is something of a missed opportunity given the large support we took to Hampden, and in indeed turned up on Thursday. Not everyone can commit either financially or time to a full season ticket. As for costs incurred, the cost of producing season books could be easily dismissed by the use of a membership number and a spreadsheet system. Think of it as more of a pre-payment card than a season ticket, if you like. 10 game ticket holders would just have to drop into the stadium on matchday or before and reference their membership number against the clubs ticket database. Perhaps the facility for such a system would exist via the existing eTicketing platform? I really don't see how that would make any huge additional administrative burden.

First time (I can recall) them doing it was when we reached the SPL. Take-up was good due to us having to travel for home games and most people took up the option of converting them to full season tickets when we returned to TCS.  They were then offered again the following season and take-up was low.

They've been offered at least twice since then, with take-up being low on both occasions and some of those who took them being people who had previously had a full season ticket (i.e. less revenue for club).

The last time it was talked about at a fans meeting the person made all the same comments you are now and the Chairman pointed out that the reality had never backed it up.....however, should he become aware of an increase in demand for 10 match ticket options (or similar) then he would certainly look to provide them. The reason I remember that is because I was the person pushing for it... :lol:

• Scotty unpinned this topic