William collum ref for cup final

Feb82000

No joke! just checked online not happy  :sad: thought nothing could burst the bubble of going to the final but him to ref has upset me.

Hubby just told me to calm down and to just hope he has a good game.

Post #6 Mainstander: ----  Very close to what I was thinking.

Even moreso , you just never know  but the beaks may be sending a message that the only two teams in their opinion who really deserve any full-blown respect are "You know Who" and " Who knows You".

Or attempting to downplay the excellent performances of Falkirk and Caley Thistle as being of little importance in their general scheme of things. All things considered it seems to me that this selection of referee is as much a slap down as anything. :blush:

Coll um I think will hopefully have been spoken to by his supervisor aa he was up in Inverness not long ago and had a quiet game with a handful of cards issued.I personally know one of his assistants and he is a decent guy who runs the line well

Collum I think will hopefully have been spoken to by his supervisor aa he was up in Inverness not long ago and had a quiet game with a handful of cards issued.I personally know one of his assistants and he is a decent guy who runs the line well

Collum I think will hopefully have been spoken to by his supervisor aa he was up in Inverness not long ago and had a quiet game with a handful of cards issued.I personally know one of his assistants and he is a decent guy who runs the line well

I concur with Morayjag's optimism. Collum was much more level-headed in his last outing at TCS. Hopefully he plays it cool on the big day!

Think he has a touch of the Joey Bartons, every now and then the red mist descends and he just feels an uncontrollable impulse to do something extreme, except in his case it's flashing a red card or awarding a contentious penalty, rather than actually punching someone in the face (thankfully).

Does our resident psychologist have any theories as to what makes Mr Collum tick? :hiding02: 

IMO, someone should send him a couple of Buddhist mediation tapes. Get him chilled out. The everything should be fine!

Edited by AlexJones

In his career, he's issued more yellow and more red cards to Falkirk than he has to Inverness, despite officiating two fewer ICT games. (34 ICT matches - 32 Falkirk matches).

We need to stop being so paranoid. After what happened in the semi, can we really be in a position to criticise referees?!

• Agree 3

In his career, he's issued more yellow and more red cards to Falkirk than he has to Inverness, despite officiating two fewer ICT games. (34 ICT matches - 32 Falkirk matches).

We need to stop being so paranoid. After what happened in the semi, can we really be in a position to criticise referees?!

The problem is with Collum - full stop. It is nothing to do with paranoia, it is simply the desire to have a competent set of officials managing what should be the showpiece of the season.

The events of the semi final only serve to highlight the poor quality of our officials. I don't believe that it was a biased decision, just a very poor one c

• Agree 1

In his career, he's issued more yellow and more red cards to Falkirk than he has to Inverness, despite officiating two fewer ICT games. (34 ICT matches - 32 Falkirk matches).

I'm certainly not paranoid about referees in general. My problem is with Collum. Two Aberdeen supporting friends of mine were coming to the final until Collum was announced. Now both have said they are not going as there is a massive chance Collum will ruin the match for the fans and as a spectacle for anyone watching. Virtually every fan who has seen Collum referee thinks he is a egotistical headline grabber.

As I said previous I think he has had some advice from his supervisor as he has been far from controversial of late and seems to have relaxed more in games and tried to allow games to flow. Go on charles, big g et Al it is our big day be benevolent and give him a chance.

I think he is being rewarded for his fine performances this season.

Not sure if the word fine is correct. I can think of another work, also beginning with f but also adding the word awful after it. :amazed:

As I said previous I think he has had some advice from his supervisor as he has been far from controversial of late and seems to have relaxed more in games and tried to allow games to flow. Go on charles, big g et Al it is our big day be benevolent and give him a chance.

No

As i have said in the past he controls the game using cards instead of common sense. If he would only speak to players I am sure he would be a better Ref, he is very fit and gets up and down the park well so he is on top of the game, it is not a sign of weakness to get through a game card free. It would normally indicate good man management.

• Agree 1