If anyone's interested

Big G

As I understand it...............Red cards are for the same competition, ie league games, but if it's violent conduct then it's out of next game regardless, but don't quote me.

What is the rules if one of our players gets sent off over goes over his points tally before the end of the season can they be banned from the final?

Yellow cards in the league have no bearing on the Scottish Cup, which only counts bookings in the cup games.

However... red cards seem to be 'cross-competition' and attract an immediate one-game-ban for the following match, regardless of whether it's league or cup.

That's assuming the sending off is for 'football' offences like deliberate handball or too many miss-timed tackles. If it's for 'non-football' offences like head-butting an opponent or pushing the referee, it would be classed as violent conduct and would carry at least a two-game (immediate) ban.

So, we should be okay today - although next week at Celtic, they need to be very careful not to get 'drawn in' by any antics, as I'm sure there will be a bit of needle!

Frankly, the result at Parkhead is of no consequence to our season - it would be awful if a player missed the cup final because he reacted to Scott Brown's likely antics!

Well, I only saw the highlights Bauhaus. Can't be everywhere you know.

In the Celtic semi, for example,  he seemd to have been completely neutered as a hard man tackler.

What's your opinion of him ?

Well at the Semi Final, I thought Scott Brown warranted at least 3 yellow cards, instead of the one he got. He is a cynical tackler and always will be.
  • Agree 2

He's  like Ciftci then?

No.  Scott Brown can lose the plot sometimes but there's no doubt he's matured into a fantastic midfield player.  His recent performances for Scotland have demonstrated that.

Ciftci is just a cheat.

• Agree 1