Celtic v Inverness build up

lightlamp2

Hughes said tonight that he would likely give a couple of regulars the weekend off to be with their families ahead of the cup final weekend. I would anticipate Meekings and maybe Shinnie would be amongst those rested.

Also Kink is suffering from tonsillitis, so don't expect him anywhere near the squad this weekend!

Some complete polar-opposites of opinion on how we should tackle this game! Often there are at most 2 or 3 tactical differences but here, we've got wholesale changes versus no tinkering!

I guess, that's what Hughes gets paid for! But as 'manager of the Year', I'm sure he's relishing this dilemma!

It's worth remembering that he has been in the Cup Final before - (ironically with Falkirk) but, he's bound to have benefited from the experience.

Probably a fixture we could do without! He's almost in a damned if you, damned if you don't, position. If one of our 'senior' players gets injured, questions will be pointed at why he 'risked playing him....

Frankly, I just want this match out-of-the-way, injury and suspension free, so we can focus on the final!!!

• Agree 1

I would rest the entire starting 11 for next weekend, bar Raven (assuming he gets his place back).

This is a completely meaningless game. As others have said, it's easy to get a red card at Celtic park with the play acting and crowd reactions. Simply not worth the risk. And obviously, you don't want players picking up knocks. Sometimes when a player is afraid of injuries, and not fully committing themselves in challenges, they end up actually being more vulnerable to injury.

On the other hand, match sharpness could be an advantage for us come the final. So giving a few players a 'run out' as a training exercises might not be a bad idea. I would be more prepared to 'risk' the likes of Watkins, Christie and Williams, safe in the knowledge that we have similar players in Doran, Vincent and Ross ready to step in and replace them. Probably sounds a bit harsh! Esson, Shinnie and Ofere aren't currently so replaceable. And our only other obvious shout if one of our centre halves get shelved would be Draper, who hasn't spent much time there this season.

It's also a good chance to give our reserve players a 'cup final' of their own. Celtic Park is the biggest stage in the league. Polworth, Tremarco, Horner, Kink etc deserve a chance to show what they can do after waiting patiently on the bench for most of the season. There's no guarantee that we'd get hammered, on the contrary, I think a fully committed, hungry team desperate to prove a point, and wanting to produce a big performance to earn a place in the final, would be more likely to get a result against Celtic than a nervy, anxious, distracted first 11.

• Agree 2

Me and my left upper arm are boycotting this game but I will rest throughout on my ICT tattoo and watch - possibly with a voddie or two. But would we liable to a fine for not putting out an experienced team.

I would rest the entire starting 11 for next weekend, bar Raven (assuming he gets his place back).

This is a completely meaningless game. As others have said, it's easy to get a red card at Celtic park with the play acting and crowd reactions. Simply not worth the risk. And obviously, you don't want players picking up knocks. Sometimes when a player is afraid of injuries, and not fully committing themselves in challenges, they end up actually being more vulnerable to injury.

On the other hand, match sharpness could be an advantage for us come the final. So giving a few players a 'run out' as a training exercises might not be a bad idea. I would be more prepared to 'risk' the likes of Watkins, Christie and Williams, safe in the knowledge that we have similar players in Doran, Vincent and Ross ready to step in and replace them. Probably sounds a bit harsh! Esson, Shinnie and Ofere aren't currently so replaceable. And our only other obvious shout if one of our centre halves get shelved would be Draper, who hasn't spent much time there this season.

It's also a good chance to give our reserve players a 'cup final' of their own. Celtic Park is the biggest stage in the league. Polworth, Tremarco, Horner, Kink etc deserve a chance to show what they can do after waiting patiently on the bench for most of the season. There's no guarantee that we'd get hammered, on the contrary, I think a fully committed, hungry team desperate to prove a point, and wanting to produce a big performance to earn a place in the final, would be more likely to get a result against Celtic than a nervy, anxious, distracted first 11.

Noting the alleged actions of Anthony Stokes,

Is it inappropriate to go to the celtic game

1)  Dressed as Elvis singing Jailhouse Rock.

2)  Dressed as Bob Marley singing I shot the Sheriff

And if so would I get out alive?

• Agree 1

Esson

Raven     Warren      Devine     Tremarco

Vincent     Polworth

Williams      Ross       Doran

Ofere

My prediction. It's going to be a strange looking team anyway.

It's all in the preview................... :smile:

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/previews-2014-15/celtic-v-inverness-ct-spfl-r1275

Cup finaIists Inverness have an invite to the Champions party this Sunday as we take on treble double winners Celtic at Parkhead. We might not be the most popular of guests having thwarted the Hoops in their bid for the treble......................... :ohmy:

Noting the alleged actions of Anthony Stokes,

Is it inappropriate to go to the celtic game

1)  Dressed as Elvis singing Jailhouse Rock.

2)  Dressed as Bob Marley singing I shot the Sheriff

And if so would I get out alive?

Ok if you are going in fancy dress so am I - how about the Bay City Rollers ? Where have ya been man ?

Drepends on whether they want to risk another Meekings-Gate publicity.

Methinks they will all be sick on that Thursday but will make a miraculous recovery by the Saturday  to see Caley Thistle walk off the park with he cup held high and photograph all the delirious ICT fan hordes? :notworthy:

Niall--the young gent in your photo is the spitten image of Charlie Harpers' sidekick, Alan, in the very U.S.successful T V show called Two and a Half Men.  The actor's name is Jon Cryer. The main star is Charlie Sheen earning $1,000,000 per episode prior to his going of his rocker and quitting the show. Very slick show.