Team for Final

Guest Shaun

Guest Shaun

This is a tough job for John, or is it lol?

Esson

Raven Meekings Devine Shinnie

Williams Tansey Draper Christie

Watkins

Ofere.

Esson

Watkins

Ofere.

This. But with Williams and Christie swapping wings.

Has it been confirmed that Nick Ross is suspended?

Esson

Watkins

Ofere.

Possibly Doran for Williams would be the only other line up unless there are any injuries or illness.

Bring it on!!

No worries over Nick Ross being eligible. Have checked and he's clear! But it's news to me that there was speculation about this, which I assume there must have been with the use of the phrase 'confirmed that he's suspended?' I need to get on Twitter and Facebook!!! :laugh:

Esson

Watkins

Ofere.

I agree. Options with Ross and Doran as subs.

Other subs: MacKay, Tremarco, Polworth, Kink or Vincent and Ferguson.

Esson

Watkins

Ofere.

I agree. Options with Ross and Doran as subs.

Other subs: MacKay, Tremarco, Polworth, Kink or Vincent and Ferguson.

It's Mackay...small "k" :lol:

• Agree 1

We have a better squad than Falkirk.  We should, like we did in the semi, attack from the off, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show why we deserve to win the cup.  I like the idea of going 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and just go out and do it.  For me - 

Esson

Raven Devine Meekings Shinnie

Ross Draper Tansey Williams

Watkins Ofere

Subs - Mackay, Doran, Christie, Tremarco, Polworth, Vincent, Kink

Now I've left Christie on the bench.  From what I gather the two central midfielders for Falkirk are fairly older and slow.  For that reason, as the start to tire, I'd like to see Christie and maybe Doran as well unleashed in the second half.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Esson

Tansey Draper

Christie   Watkins Doran/Williams   

Ofere

Tansey & Draper holding, breaking up the play and distributing as usual. Doran impresses against DUtd and showed the problems he creates going forwards so could play ahead of Williams.        

Team more or less picks itself but Doran has to start ahead of Nick Ross as he offers a far greater threat going forward so

Esson

Doran Tansey Draper Christie

Watkins Ofere

Keeper and back four pick themselves (Esson, Raven, Meekings, Devine, Shinnie), as do Draper and Tansey in front of them and Ofere up front.  Watkins will surely start too, but the question is if he will play up front in a 4-4-2 or wide in a 4-2-3-1.

Seems to me that Christie, Williams, Ross, Doran and Vincent are fighting over the other two spots.

Hard to leave Christie out, I think; I wouldn't be surprised if Falkirk sit back and try to soak up pressure, so we'll need him to unlock their defence.  You could use that as a reason to pick Ross and Doran as well, but I reckon Williams will get the nod, as he will tuck in from the left to allow Shinnie to rampage, and cover him if necessary.

So, for me, it's Esson - Raven, Meekings, Devine, Shinnie - Draper, Tansey - Watkins, Christie, Williams - Ofere.  Subs: Mackay, Tremarco, Doran, Kink, Polworth, Ross, Vincent 

• Agree 5

We have a better squad than Falkirk.  We should, like we did in the semi, attack from the off, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show why we deserve to win the cup.

This ^

Aberdeen were there for the taking last year, yet we didn't exploit their lack of pace - especially their defence. The Falkirk fans are on their forum saying they hope to make it stuffy for us. This is understandable. I just hope yogi doesn't wear those brown shoes. Bad omen, IMHO.

Norwich showed how to rise to the occasion in their match today. High pressure from the start and hopefully Tansey can get a couple of shots off early to test MacDonald.

We have a better squad than Falkirk.  We should, like we did in the semi, attack from the off, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show why we deserve to win the cup.  I like the idea of going 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and just go out and do it.  For me - 

Esson

Watkins Ofere

Now I've left Christie on the bench.  From what I gather the two central midfielders for Falkirk are fairly older and slow.  For that reason, as the start to tire, I'd like to see Christie and maybe Doran as well unleashed in the second half.

I agree with the first bit of this and to me that is the most important thing.  As long as we play with a high tempo and look to get forward quickly it doesn't really matter which two of Doran, Christie, Williams Ross and Vincent we have starting as we should be too good for Falkirk.  But personally I think we should start with Christie as his outstanding performance against Celtic showed what he is capable of on the big stage.  He also showed he can keep it up for 120 minutes so I would start with him and look to run their defence ragged from the word go.  I would start with Williams with a view to bringing Doran on around the hour mark.

• Agree 3

Esson

Watkins Ofere

our central midfielders are not slow and one is 25, the other is 21, both will last the 90mins no problem

Esson

Raven devine meekings shinnie

Tansey draper

Doran. Christie. Williams

Ofere

Sub's: Mackay Watkins Ross tremarco Vincent polworth sutherland

As much as I like Watkins I think he's to greedy and i'd rather see ofere up top all the time. Watkins pushes ofere back all the time and with all the crosses coming in we need ofere right in there. Saying that...Watkins pace will pull them apart and I'd hate going into This game without him available.

Edited by DEANO96

Esson

Watkins Ofere

our central midfielders are not slow and one is 25, the other is 21, both will last the 90mins no problem

Thanks for the inside information  :smile:

Don't know why but for some reason I think there may be a surprise in the team and it could be at right back. Dave the Rave for one reason or another hasn't played for a while and could be at risk from not stating. As I say, no foundation to this, just something that popped in to my head.

Don't know why but for some reason I think there may be a surprise in the team and it could be at right back. Dave the Rave for one reason or another hasn't played for a while and could be at risk from not stating. As I say, no foundation to this, just something that popped in to my head.

No one to fill in for raven