From Falkirk to ICT

legibroon

4 days to go! Congratulations ICT for reaching your first ever Scottish Cup Final. No matter the result it will be a great day out for all concerned and we will hold ICT in a special place in our history. Of course we hope we win but we will not grudge being beaten if thats the case by the third best team in Scottish football. Good Luck and may the best team on the day win !!!!  >>> 

• Agree 5

Nice one legibroon!! 16,000 tickets sold is a great achievement. Well done. Nice advertisement there for Ladbrokes our new League sponsors. Hope your Lord Provost was preparing the streets for the open top parade - playing Falkirk is probably the hardest game in our history so no complacency here. Here's hoping Jamie Macdonald does not do a Jimmy Montgomery and that Willie Collum does not stamp his little personality on the game.

It true, Falkirk FC are indelibly woven into the fabric of ICT's history. If Inverness win, the Bairns will have been the opposition on both occasions of my highest and lowest moments following ICT

Not sure if it's been mentioned on the forum, the quirky cup winning link they have with Aston Villa. I'm not big on 'omens' in football, but it's quite a coincidence.

Falkirk last won the Cup in 1957. Aston Villa last won the FA Cup in 1957.

Falkirk's only other Scottish Cup win was way back in 1913.....the same year that Villa won the FA Cup.

And here they are in the Cup finals in the same year....(but I think they'll both lose)!! :smile:

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 1

That's very interesting.  I've been a Villa fan since my childhood and certainly hadn't clocked this strange coincidence.  But here's another one.  Villa finished 17th in the EPL this year.  Falkirk were 5th in the Scottish Championship and therefore also 17th in the league structure.  In their respective finals, both are playing the team that came 3rd in the league

• Agree 1

It true, Falkirk FC are indelibly woven into the fabric of ICT's history. If Inverness win, the Bairns will have been the opposition on both occasions of my highest and lowest moments following ICT

Not sure if it's been mentioned on the forum, the quirky cup winning link they have with Aston Villa. I'm not big on 'omens' in football, but it's quite a coincidence.

Falkirk last won the Cup in 1957. Aston Villa last won the FA Cup in 1957.

Falkirk's only other Scottish Cup win was way back in 1913.....the same year that Villa won the FA Cup.

And here they are in the Cup finals in the same year....(but I think they'll both lose)!! :smile:

Stolen from young Mr Grant - but who was the last team to be beaten 5-0 by Cellic on the last league game of the season but went on to win the Scottish Cup the next weekend ?

• Agree 1