Performance of SNP MPs in Westminster

https://www.facebook.com/ScotLibDems?fref=photo

Charles may have gone over the top but drooling of the mouth I going a bit too far

If the Liberal Democrats are improving and getting some support back although not a drooling matter, maybe significant,. But there are lots of reasons why council seats are won or lost.

The bookies still  are giving short odds on the SNP winning all the constituency seats next year in the Scottish government elections, which may be more significant, lets just wait and see. Politics is a big wheel, it turns and surprises all the time

Edited by Laurence
to sdd link

PS - Odddquine, Jum Sullurs, Alex Salmond, the mannie that stole the Stone of Scone, Robert The Bruce, everybody at The Gelluns, T in the Park, Angus Robertson's £150,000 bird, Willie Wolf, Winnie Ewing, Feckless Fergus, Cybernats everywhere, Mel Gibson... your boys took one HELL of a beating:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No wonder no one takes you seriously any more . Foaming at the mouth over the SNP losing a COUNCIL seat. Dearie me :laugh:

"A journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step" (Mao Tse Tung):smile:

Or maybe it's just that the traditional triumphalism of the SNP is catching!

T in the Park, Angus Robertson's £150,000 bird,

As it now transpires that the Labour/Lib-Dem/Torry coalition made donations to T in the Park!

Dearie me IBM! This appears to refer to £20,000 provided in 2007 to set up a Scottish Executive sponsored healthy eating outlet at Pee in the Dark. I'd also be interested to learn whether or not this transpired due to access provided for the festival organisers to Executive politicians of the time by a Labour or LibDem PPC who was also the bidie-in of a Labour/LibDem MP?

IBM you seem to make sport in the most frivolous manner

This is supposed to be a serious discussion forum

How about some serious input for a change

No Laurence, even I would agree that IBM is perfectly entitled to make the point in question. I don't think it's particularly valid, but would still contend that he is being quite reasonable in making it.

• Agree 2

IBM you seem to make sport in the most frivolous manner

This is supposed to be a serious discussion forum

How about some serious input for a change

Laurence I am trying to keep up with Charles but getting nowhere...............need some backup from Oddquine!

I expect that the SNP's leader on Highland Council Maxine Smith will by now have been consigned to the St Kilda Gulag for presenting the non-separatist parties with a cast iron strategy for winning next May's Holyrood elections.

Because, according to the painted lady from Invergordon, all you have to do to get elected is to field doctors as your candidates and Bob's your Uncle! You're in!

This, apparently, is why Jean Davis defeated the SNP's hoped-for successor to Drew Hendry in the recent Highland Council by election.... she is actually DR Jean Davis. Post-election, the less than cerebral Ms Smith opined: "The fact that the Liberal Democrat lady was a doctor helped enormously as psychologically people trust doctors to help them.":lol:

Do simplistic thinking and lame excuses know no bounds within the SNP? It's an interesting and indeed highly hypocritical comment, though, since none come keener than the SNP to wave any medical or postgraduate qualifications in front of the electorate. For instance it's always DR Aileen MacLeod or DR Paul Monaghan (good Lord... what the HELL does he have a doctorate in?:crazy:). So maybe airhead Invergordon beautician Ms Smith should get in on the act herself and acquire a Bachelor of Botox Therapy in advance of writing a thesis for a Doctorate of Dollops of Makeup. The University of the Highlands and Islands probably offers both courses - with very modest entrance requirements into the bargain.

And by the way, has anyone else noticed lately how rapidly our Cabinet Secretary For Dishing Out Cash To Music Festivals Fiona Hyslop seems to be physically morphing into the said Maxine Smith?:amazed:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I expect that the SNP's leader on Highland Council Maxine Smith will by now have been consigned to the St Kilda Gulag for presenting the non-separatist parties with a cast iron strategy for winning next May's Holyrood elections.

Because, according to the painted lady from Invergordon, all you have to do to get elected is to field doctors as your candidates and Bob's your Uncle! You're in!

This, apparently, is why Jean Davis defeated the SNP's hoped-for successor to Drew Hendry in the recent Highland Council by election.... she is actually DR Jean Davis. Post-election, the less than cerebral Ms Smith opined: "The fact that the Liberal Democrat lady was a doctor helped enormously as psychologically people trust doctors to help them.":lol:

Do simplistic thinking and lame excuses know no bounds within the SNP? It's an interesting and indeed highly hypocritical comment, though, since none come keener than the SNP to wave any medical or postgraduate qualifications in front of the electorate. For instance it's always DR Aileen MacLeod or DR Paul Monaghan (good Lord... what the HELL does he have a doctorate in?:crazy:). So maybe airhead Invergordon beautician Ms Smith should get in on the act herself and acquire a Bachelor of Botox Therapy in advance of writing a thesis for a Doctorate of Dollops of Makeup. The University of the Highlands and Islands probably offers both courses - with very modest entrance requirements into the bargain.

And by the way, has anyone else noticed lately how rapidly our Cabinet Secretary For Dishing Out Cash To Music Festivals Fiona Hyslop seems to be physically morphing into the said Maxine Smith?:amazed:

First class honours degree in Psychology and Sociology and a PhD in Social Policy

First class honours degree in Psychology and Sociology and a PhD in Social Policy

I waked past my old Primary School today. It's a University now of course.

Charles, in this whole sorry discussion there's only one w****r and you see him each time you look in the mirror.

I assume you will include that comment as evidence to support your application to join the organisation unveiled at the SNP conference as "Nicola's Army" (the "NA").

They say that early membership numbers are a special status symbol. They already have their own branded shirts although I'm not yet clear as to what colour these are. Brown perhaps?.

Acceptance into membership entitles you to stand among groups on street corners with Alsatians (or should that be Scotties?:lol:), abusing Conservatives and the English.

Any chance of getting back on topic?

Had to laugh this week at Pete Wishart's cringe worthy performance in opposing the English votes for English laws proposals.  OK, I quite accept the Tories proposals are half baked and provide a bit of ammunition for the SNP, but what a load of indignant nonsense spouted forth from him!  People like Wishart seem incapable of making a point without drawing on some perceived sense of massive grievance.  In this case it is that Scottish MPs are being seen as second class MPs because the UK Government is taking steps to limit their input into matters that are none of their business. 

What he and the rest of the SNP rabble at Westminster seem to forget is that the UK Parliament and the UK people in general have quite happily afforded the Scottish people the respect they deserve by listening to their desire for a devolved Parliament and seeing that it is delivered.  What this has resulted in is an increasing range of issues which are decided in the devolved parliament and which MPs from other UK Countries now have absolutely no say in at all.  Rather than acknowledging and being grateful for that, Wishart thinks it is fair game that Scots MPs should throw that respect back in the faces of the rest of the UK electorate by interfering and voting on the very same issues affecting England when they are debated at Westminster - not only does he think it is fair game, he gets apoplectic when measures are proposed to prevent such inappropriate interference.  If English MPs showed the same level of disrespect they would be proposing that English MPs should be entitled to veto legislation passed in Holyrood!

There is also the argument from the SNP rabble that if the English don't want the Scottish MPs to vote at Westminster on issues like Health, which are devolved in Scotland to the Scottish parliament, they should argue for a devolved English parliament.  But the English electorate don't want a devolved English parliament and that is something the SNP should respect in the same way that everyone else has respected the fact that the Scots do want a devolved parliament.  Wishart's pathetic outburst is not only disrespectful it is also a cause of serious embarrassment to fair minded folk in the Scottish electorate.

Any chance of getting back on topic?

Had to laugh this week at Pete Wishart's cringe worthy performance in opposing the English votes for English laws proposals. 

People like Wishart seem incapable of making a point without drawing on some perceived sense of massive grievance. 

Back on topic? Yes, I know, it does seem to have broadened somewhat, but I think we do actually need a topic discussing "Performance of SNP" (full stop) since that is really becoming more and more inept as the weeks go by.

As for Wishart's dummy throwing episode, yes it was easy to laugh, but you also have to remember that this bumpkin is also embarrassing the whole of Scotland in front of the British nation. This isn't just the White Heather Club on Reporting Scotland, this is the real business on network TV and once again some brainless clown from the SNP has disgraced us all.

As for the perceived sense of massive grievance, I was going to say that this is simply what the SNP do, but it's actually a standard tactic of aggressive nationalism. The Germans, for instance, made a huge song and dance about the Treaty of Versailles and hence wound themselves up into a goose stepping frenzy. Similarly Wishart and his chums play the Chippy Jimmy card to a toe curling extent in the hope of creating votes for separation inspired by misplaced greivance.

When I do really laugh is when SNP people tell us that criticism of the SNP's woeful performance is "talking Scotland down" - presumably on the basis that they consider themselves to be the nation (and the nation's flag and their emblem to be one and the same thing). But just look as the deepening mess which is emerging within the powers which have already been devolved. Education, Police, Health, Justice.... the list is an endless disgrace and embarrassment and still they demand more to mismanage into the bargain.

The best of political administrations in general find it very difficult to exercise powers, even when they give them their full attention. So what chance do this bunch of cranks and comedians like Wishart and his chums up in Holyrood have, especially when all the care about is pulling the UK apart, irrespective of the consequences for the population.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shall we start a Labour MSP thread for the lolz? Might shut Chucky up for a bit.

Fine idea. Please go ahead - and please make sure that Comrade Corbyn features heavily in the OP! 

For starters we have a multilateralist UK party with a unilateralist UK leader and a unilateralist Scottish party with a multilateralist Scottish leader.

I am not a Labour supporter but I find the fact that they are now having a frank and open debate about this important but contentious subject a positive breath of fresh air. There is much that JC stands for that I don't agree with but all credit to him.

I am not a Labour supporter but I find the fact that they are now having a frank and open debate about this important but contentious subject a positive breath of fresh air. There is much that JC stands for that I don't agree with but all credit to him.

Same as me Kingsmills, he has put his cards on the table and we know where he stands but I think it will cause more divisions within the Labour party.

You've got to say - the unilateral setting aside of that which cannot be dis-invented has been a wonderful source of political self righteousness across the post-war decades.

A fruitful source of cheesy one liners too... such as the hysterically twee "Bairns Not Bombs" - which ranks alongside "Penny For Scotland" and "Free By 93" in terms of sheer fatuousness.

And then there's "It's Scotland's Oil":lol::lol::lol: - the one liner on which a party was built in the 1970s but in these days of two bob a barrel..... we don't seem to hear much from the Nats about oil, do we?:amazed:

Open debate is healthy as long as it does not undermine a robust system of policy making and that those in power stick to the policy.  Cabinets have always worked through a system of collective responsibility with people putting aside their own personal views to support the position of the party.  The problem with Corbyn is that he has never been in a position of power before and has a record second to none in defying party leadership and voting against his own party.  How on earth can he expect others to meekly follow his lead when in so many areas his view differs from that of the official party policy.  How on earth are the electorate supposed to know what they are voting for with such a disorganised free for all? 

They are a complete shambles both North and South of the Border.  South of the Border they handed the Tories victory on a plate and as a result we may see the UK being taken out of Europe.  North of the Border it looks as though they will be handing victory on a plate to the SNP and that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.  For a pro European, pro unionist party that would be some achievement!