Performance of SNP MPs in Westminster

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Did you not know that she's really there to get a Parisian artist to paint her portrait and she can then absent herself to have it unveiled the next time something important arises?

Very good point and well made though Yngwie! These SNP people should forget about trying to be the statespersons which, simply as heads of devolved administrations, they are not. They would be far better instead concentrating on clearing up the mess they have created or allowed to happen in various devolved functions like police, heatlh, education and now transport.

Maybe we should simply abbreviate the title of this thread to (under) "Performance of SNP".

Maybe we should change the title to " Rants against the SNP" :scotland:

• Agree 1

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎09‎:‎40, Sneckboy said:

I also wonder how you've managed to miss the announcement that the game was postponed - almost five hours ago!

WONDER

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎09‎:‎40, Sneckboy said:

I also wonder how you've managed to miss the announcement that the game was postponed - almost five hours ago!

WONDER  ALL YOU  WANT SON, SOME OF US HAVE TO SPEND OUR TIME MAKING A LIVING,  BRINGING WEALTH INTO SCOTLAND AND PAYING OUR TAXES. CHEAP POINTS ARE THE ORDER OF THE DAY   WHERE YOU ARE CONCERNED TRY TO THINK OF SOMETHING SENSIBLE WITH YOUR TIME NOT HOLLOW GIBES,  "PATHETIC". WHEN YOU HAVE LIVED AS LONG AS ME THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WATHCHING EVERY NEWS BULLETIN.  I BET YOU DON'T MOCK YOUR ELDERS AT HOME WITH THE  VENOM  YOU HAND OUT TO ME. THE MAIN POINT IS THE BRIDGE NOT WHAT I HAVE SEEN OR NOT SEEN TOTALLY IMATURE COMMENT FOR THE SAKE OF A BIT OF A LAUGH AT MY EXPENSE ,SHAME ON YOU

• Disagree 3

Your CAPS LOCK key is on.
'Shouting' doesn't make your point any more valid.
Granted, I had a 'wee dig', but the postponement on Saturday had been noted and discussed on both the game and travel threads from 7.30am that morning.
It was the hot topic on CTO and how you managed to navigate the forum to this thread (at 12 noon) without noticing or even having an interest in the outcome of the pitch inspection at Hearts, is beyond me - perhaps you've got this page bookmarked!

Having paid taxes for 30 years, I'm of the generation that does still 'recognise' my elders but I also know that respect has to be earned - it's not merely lavished on those who have simply 'reached a certain age'. That said, you need to 'grow up'! If anybody's being 'immature' on this board, it's you, Laurence. Your posts consistently carry an underlying bitterness and often hint at entitlement and self-importance...

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 5

15 hours ago, Laurence said:

WONDER

WONDER  ALL YOU  WANT SON, SOME OF US HAVE TO SPEND OUR TIME MAKING A LIVING,  BRINGING WEALTH INTO SCOTLAND AND PAYING OUR TAXES. CHEAP POINTS ARE THE ORDER OF THE DAY   WHERE YOU ARE CONCERNED TRY TO THINK OF SOMETHING SENSIBLE WITH YOUR TIME NOT HOLLOW GIBES,  "PATHETIC". WHEN YOU HAVE LIVED AS LONG AS ME THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WATHCHING EVERY NEWS BULLETIN.  I BET YOU DON'T MOCK YOUR ELDERS AT HOME WITH THE  VENOM  YOU HAND OUT TO ME. THE MAIN POINT IS THE BRIDGE NOT WHAT I HAVE SEEN OR NOT SEEN TOTALLY IMATURE COMMENT FOR THE SAKE OF A BIT OF A LAUGH AT MY EXPENSE ,SHAME ON YOU

No Laurence, shame on you. Maturity in terms of years clearly doesn't equate to maturity in any other sense and, by the way,there's no need to shout ! In terms of being one of the few posters on this site wholly unable to take a bit of friendly ribbing, a lot of much younger posters do indeed put you to shame. Perhaps if you lightened up a bit you would get more out of this site and the rest of us might get something positive from your contributions.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 5

• 1 month later...

I know it happened a few days ago, but I simply can't let the SNP's cringeworthy contribution to the Donald Trump banning debate pass without comment.  I think just about everyone in the UK condemned Trump for his comments but a significant minority were so outraged about Trump wanting to ban Muslims entering the USA that they felt Trump should be banned from the UK.  Despite the obvious contradiction in that absurd position, sufficient people, urged on by the SNP, jumped on the unthinking outraged bandwagon to enforce a pointless Parliamentary debate on the matter.  

Politicians across the political divide from Farage and Cameron and through to Corbyn all took the very sensible view that a ban would be self defeating and it would be far better to allow him into the country where he could be challenged to debate and shown up for the total idiot he is.  But not everyone took that view. There were a small number of labour and tory oddballs and then there was the SNP.  Salmond had earlier made an appallingly flippant and crass comment about wanting to ban all Donald Trumps from the UK.  On the day of the debate though it was left to Tasmin Ahmed-Sheikh to present the reactionary rabble's case for a ban.

Rather than join the other parties in the call to debate with Trump, Ms Ahmed-Sheikh called for him to be banned on the grounds of "religious harmony"! She stated that Trump's comments made the UK an "uncomfortable place" for her and other Muslims to live in.  What a completely moronic and frankly insulting thing to say.  Trump's comments were made by an American politician in an American election and relate to immigration into America.  It might make America an uncomfortable place for Muslims to live in and she should be glad she lives here and not there.  I would also suggest that the almost universal condemnation here of Trump's comments were a wonderful demonstration of the religious harmony that exists here and should make Muslims feel very comfortable in the UK.  On a more personal level, she should reflect on the fact that the people of this country have actually elected her to Parliament which should make her feel very comfortable that the muslim community is an integral and valued part of our multicultural society. 

Trump was at least right when he said the UK Parliament should be debating more important matters such as the economy.  But clearly the SNP don't want that.  With the UK economy continuing to do better than most others, with employment rising, with average pay rising above inflation and the price of oil dropping to below $30 a barrel, the benefit of remaining part of the UK is clearer than ever.  Rather than talk about that, far better to express a bit more moral outrage against something and draw attention away from the real issues of the day.

• Agree 2