Greetin

ForzaCaley

Ok ok who is willing to own up and admit they had a wee cry yesterday...

Whether it was full on eyes streaming, or just one tear or two.

I actually got all emotional after the first goal, think it was due to the tension beforehand. The second i was alright, just went a bit mental...

The tears really came at Full Time though. Looking up at the screen and seeing the words 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle Scottish Cup Winners' It was a beautiful moment!

• Agree 6

I shed a wee tear when Falkirk equalised and I thought we'd blown it!  Went absolutely mental when Jamesy Vincent put us back ahead.  No tears at full time, Didn't quite sink in until today at the Northern Meeting Park what we'd done.  There was another wee tear or two then.

• Agree 2

I was sitting ensconced on my sofa beside my pal and the goal went in.

I jumped up off the seat  and punched the air violently with a hissing "Yes" tumbling frae mah lips while he nearly fell over me laughing and screaming. He settles down and comments:    "Jeez, I've never seen you do that before." To which I replied:

" Still waters run deep'  m'lad AND you have never seen ICT win the cup before either................"

Smiles all round. :lol:  :laugh:  :lol:  :laugh:

• Agree 1

yup. had a wee tear in my eye yesterday .... last time that happened was 22 months earlier when my little guy was born. A few medicinal whiskies later and all was fine ;) TFC also won yesterday and one of my mates from the bar is an Arsenal fan so all in all we went 3 for 3 yesterday !

• Agree 2

Same here.  Not usually emotional but this was an enormous feat in our short history and one I had only ever dreamed of achieving.

Well done ICT and everyone associated with it - we did ourselves proud on Saturday.

• Agree 1

I fully expected tears if we won.  Never happened though.

I reckon in the next few weeks when I get a quiet moment and am reading the programme, looking at photos or watching some highlights there may well be "oh my f**kin god we won the cup" moment and a tear will follow.

My eyes watered with pride when the players were walking out, I was a bit overwhelmed by the occasion tbh. I though I would cry when we won but I just went absolutely mental when the winner was popped in. What a moment.

Best day of my life(so far)

Edited by scottbamby
  • Agree 2

I'm still dehydrated, and I'm not sure whether it is from the drink or from the several pints of water it felt like I cried at full time. Didn't really expect it, I must admit - I'm usually a bit more stoical than your average X-Factor or Masterchef contestant - but I think it was a combination of the dream coming true and a release of the tension of the previous 20 minutes or so; I'd convinced myself we were going to blow it from the moment Tremarco was sent off, even after we went ahead again, and my legs totally went from under me when the final whistle blew. Absolutely magical day though, and one of the best things about it was being able to spend most of it with a combination of the close friends that I started going to see the team with in 1996, and the close friends I have made over years of ICT away days.    

• Agree 8

Stayed at the Premier Inn near the Buchanan Galleries.  After going out on Saturday night for a drink and a meal we headed to the hotel bar for a nightcap.  I thought a nice Highland Malt would be a good way to round off such a great day, but not only did they not have any Highland Malts, they did not have any Scottish malt whisky!    I had to settle for a Jamiesons diluted with a splash of tears.

I think i was maybe one of the only people that didnt shed a tear or 2 after the game. But i will admit i was having a problem with the celebration cheering, as it seemed as if a frog was stuck in my throat and was making my voice waiver. Think it was the sheer emotion and utter disbelief that we'd actually won. Had to watch the game all over again on sky+ on sunday morning (Was just as bad on the nerves) Just to make sure i wasnt in dreamland :) Even now watching the highlights when vinnie nets the winner it feels like i'm back at hampden again :)

• Agree 1

Stayed at the Premier Inn near the Buchanan Galleries.  After going out on Saturday night for a drink and a meal we headed to the hotel bar for a nightcap.  I thought a nice Highland Malt would be a good way to round off such a great day, but not only did they not have any Highland Malts, they did not have any Scottish malt whisky!    I had to settle for a Jamiesons diluted with a splash of tears.

At least you got a Punk IPA!

Should have gone to the Pot Still before going home DD.