If you think our advertising these days is bad.........

Mee

Despite my Thistle leanings, I remember being at that match. For some reason what sticks in my memory most is the Celtic youth team arriving mid way through the second half, attired in their tracksuits, and very noisily taking their seats in the stand.

I presume that they must have been playing earlier that evening elsewhere in the town.

I remember watching Caley v. Hearts about that time in a pre-season friendly. Score was, I think 3-2 to Hearts. As I remember they were either 3-1 or 3-0 up and Caley scored late on to set up an exciting finish.

Only thing is, I remember it as an afternoon kick-off.

Mind, I'm getting old!

Funny you should remember the Celtic sprogs arriving, Kingsmills, I remember that too - one of them shouted something at Eamonn Bannon as he was preparing to take a corner and he grinned and swore at him.

Hmmmm!

If I remember right Caley won the 83 game 2-0.  It was a good night.  The 3-2 game against the Jambos must have been around the mid 70s and I remember hanging around after the game to get some of the Hearts players autographs.  I was easily pleased in those days.  :001:

We're right, Kingsmills, you and me: I'm afraid on this occasion DJS has got it wrong.

Unless there was another game in the mid 70s with same scoreline. But if there was, I know for sure that I wasn't at it.

****, you must have been in short trousers then DJS!!!  :015:

• 2 weeks later...