Culloden Supporters Bus

12th Man

Just kind off looking for levels of interest at the minute to see if its viable. 

Who is genuinely interested in frequently using a supporters bus for home matches,  departing from The Blacksmiths Culloden an hour before KO. Which will leave enough time to have a pie and a pint in the ICT bar or pop into the club shop  etc. and will return 15 mins after KO.  I would like to charge £3.50 return a head for all ages, to cover the bus hire if the numbers add up.

So if you would like to ditch the car and have a pint or two and travel in good company.

Or if you are fed up with getting the bus to town then getting a second bus or walking to the stadium.

Or perhaps you just like the idea of hopping on a bus locally and being taken right to the front of the stadium and back.

If there are enough supporters, supporting the supporters bus then I plan to get one organised for next season.

So please send me a PM if you are genuinely interested in frequently using this mode of transport for home games. 

• Scotty featured this topic

Seeing as County play at home on opposing dates. I thought it would make sense to contact them regarding transport arrangements, so if we are stuck I can get the loan of a Massey Ferguson people carrier with driver.

Hi. This would be great for people at this side of town if this did go ahead. Although there use to be a free bus from smithton hotel and last time I  heard it's free from caley club too. So recon would be unfair  to charge for this?

Hi. This would be great for people at this side of town if this did go ahead. Although there use to be a free bus from smithton hotel and last time I  heard it's free from caley club too. So recon would be unfair  to charge for this?

So,just who do you think would foot the bill ?

Last time I used Caley Club bus it was £3

Hi Jodie, Thats a good question.

The Social Club charge £4 return for a bus ticket, in the middle of winter they also run at a loss if they cant get enough on board, if a game is cancelled before KO the bus company still has to be paid for bus hire and the bus drivers wages. (If  the clubs on your route everyones welcome on a matchday) 

Dows bar run a bus at £3.50 return. ( all welcome )

I was in school with Norry who used to run the Smithton  and the bus hire wasnt cheap, it was heavily subsidised by the pub to encourage people to come in and spend their money and also to do a good turn for the community. It ran a good while ago I think it was £3 back then or the price may have incorporated a few beers and a pie.

The Blacksmiths have agreed to subsidise the transport but even then bus companies arent cheap and the difference of £30 between bus companies could be the difference of it running or not, some have already priced themselves out of it being viable. So basically I need as much help as possible to help promote it, even if some of ICTfcs media satellites, twitter, CJT, were to help promote it, and prove that there is a true sense of togetherness amongst the club and fans, I maybe even start up a Culloden Caley Jags supporters group to help fund it for a very small joining fee.  

Even charging £3.50 and the bus being subsidised, I still need 37+ people on a bus to get it to run, if a bus company could knock a bit of their prices then it could run with 28+ on board which would be more workable and would hopefully encourage locals to follow ICT if they can hop on a bus and be taken straight to the stadium.

The other option Jodie would be to pay Stagecoach £3.70 for a day ticket and get the bus into town and walk to the stadium.

If you are interested in this mode of transport then please get in touch. On this thread or send me a personal message on this forum.

Edited by 12th Man

Sorry if I got it wrong just said what ive been told sorry. I've never used bus from caley club or smithton just go to town then walk or take car. But if bus was to go from culloden I'd certainly use it and know many others who would. Some only on Facebook so certainly be worth setting up a Facebook page.

• Agree 1

Why not get the Culloden bus to stop by Inshes (Matalan) theres always a big demand for the bigger games to get buses from there I would certainly be interested +2 would save me driving though I couldnt make every game Enjoy a few at CC some weeks

• Scotty unfeatured this topic