scottish league fixtures

Feb82000

Yeah, it looks a decent start (on paper!) Overall, we've 16 Home and 17 Away games, which may-or-may-not 'even up' after the split!

With a view to average attendance, it's a pity we've only one certain visit from Celtic - but that could be offset by having both Aberdeen and Hearts coming here twice. Also, we're at home on both of the Saturdays before xmas - perhaps the Killie game could be a pay-what-you-can to tempt the shoppers away from the Eastgate!

Just one visit scheduled to our bogey ground, Firhill! We're away to the Dons on Boxing Day with County first-footing us on 2nd January.

Our first match since winning the cup is very much a bread-and-butter fixture at home to 'well. The central-belt media will be looking at the attendance more than the score in that, I guarantee - ready for a cheap shot. Would be great if we could attract 4,500+ to ram it back down their throats!

Right, that's been looked at - roll on Monday's Europa draw!!

• Agree 1

If we get through the 2nd round Qualifiers then our matches v Motherwell & St Johnstone will be moved to the Sunday....the knock on effect of that would be that the Partick Thistle game would need to be moved (either to the Thursday or another later date).  If moved to the Thursday then the Celtic game would also need to be moved to the Sunday (which is probable regardless).

If we then make it to the play-off stage then the next two games would need to be shifted as well...!!!

Edited by CaleyD

you will note that the "upcoming events" in the sidebar now links to our calendar ... we will be adding all matches to the calendar with relevant links to matchday threads, travel info and a map. You will be able to leave comments and also RSVP to say if you are going.

The calendar should hopefully manage to replace the 'roll call' threads and perhaps the away day travel thread as a source for information. I have added September to the calendar so you can see what I mean. We can also add club or fan events such as bowling nights, parties, end of season ball etc. so feel free to submit an event for inclusion. 

http://caleythistleonline.com/calendar/events/2015/08/

Edited by Scotty
  • Agree 2

After having a proper read of the fixtures, I am a bit happier with the January fixtures this season as I remember last season we had Ross County twice in the same month and also a midweek fixture vs St Johnstone. I still would prefer the guys to have a two week break in January especially coming off of playing Boxing day, 30th and 2nd of Jan etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of the SPFL sorting out what games are going to be moved for TV? They've done the first week but nothing for a couple of weeks now and I wouldn't be massively surprised to see some of our September home games get moved for TV depending on what other matches are being played.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems the most logical place for this post rather than creating a new thread:

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/latest-live-tv-games-announced-3/

Our game v Hearts on 30th January (brought forward to replace the Saint Johnstone fixture which was postponed due to their League Cup S/F appearance) has been changed to a 12:30 kick off. Additionally, our game v Aberdeen on 13th February has now been shifted to 15th February for a 19:45 kick off.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1