Nat Wedderburn

ICTRoughi

Taken from Highland News Twitter

@HNG_sport: In tonight's @HNGnews - @ICTFC snap up ex-England under-19 midfielder, first interview in this edition...

John Lundstram?  

Edited by ICTRoughi

He was part of a side who were relegated from the Championship and played the full game when they got beat 10-0 by Hearts. Underwhelming. But in Yogi we trust, I suppose.

Edited by Guest

If it is indeed Wedderburn, I don't think we should dismiss him just because the team he played for were poor.  Dundee signing Greg Stewart from them last season didn't do them any harm.

• Agree 1

I assume he was a part-timer at Cowdenbeath?

Well, he's 'won-a-watch' with this - but a big step-up from preparing for a season in League One with trips to Albion Rovers, Peterhead and Brechin, he's now signed for a club in their zenith, who are preparing for European football! He probably can't believe it himself!

• Agree 1

Signing a player who was not even a regular for Cowdenbeath is truly underwhelming.

Our clubs success is built on signing under-appreciated players from the lower echelons and giving them the coaching and platform to develop. Just because we've finished third and won a Cup doesn't mean we should start acting like the 'big' clubs. A classic mistake. Rather than competing for players who are the finished article (a competitive, inflated market), there's much more value in searching for players with work ethic and potential. We have a great coaching team, have faith in them!   

• Agree 6

Signing a player who was not even a regular for Cowdenbeath is truly underwhelming.

I totally agree, but comfort myself with the fact that the arrival of John Hughes, sacked by Hartlepool et all, was also truly underwhelming!

• Agree 1

Find it rather amusing that some fans moan about us not looking at lower leagues in Scotland....then moan their t1ts off the moment we sign a player from the lower leagues in Scotland :lol:

The lower leagues of Scotland, England and further afield should be encouraged for places to look for players however considering the depth we have in centre midfield of which contains: Tansey, Draper, Christie, Vincent, Foran, Polworth and Horner (Nick Ross Excluded), I just have my doubts as to whether the boy will be a worthwhile signing for both parties - I do look forward to being proven wrong though! 

Find it rather amusing that some fans moan about us not looking at lower leagues in Scotland....then moan their t1ts off the moment we sign a player from the lower leagues in Scotland :lol:

The lower leagues of Scotland, England and further afield should be encouraged for places to look for players however considering the depth we have in centre midfield of which contains: Tansey, Draper, Christie, Vincent, Foran, Polworth and Horner (Nick Ross Excluded), I just have my doubts as to whether the boy will be a worthwhile signing for both parties - I do look forward to being proven wrong though! 

I used to use the "look forward to being proven wrong" line myself....but I came to realise that it's just BS.  Nobody REALLY wants to be proven wrong and the phrase only serves to say "I have no faith in my own evaluation of the situation and will just place this here as my get out clause".

It's up there with those people who bet against their own team just so they can say "oh well, at least I made a couple of quid" if they lose.

Edited by CaleyD

I used to use the "look forward to being proven wrong" line myself....but I came to realise that it's just BS.  Nobody REALLY wants to be proven wrong and the phrase only serves to say "I have no faith in my own evaluation of the situation and will just place this here as my get out clause".

I would quite happily like to see my opinion to be proven wrong as ICT benefit in the situation. I was also wrong with my first impression of John Hughes and absolutely delighted the progress made since his appointment. 

Granted, my opinion is not a worthwhile one considering I have never seen him play football.  On paper it looks like he is coming in to bolster the numbers in the squad which is perfectly fine especially for European football but would he get a game ahead of Tansey or Draper? or even Vincent, Polworth and Horner? I have my doubts however I'm sure Wedderburn will raise to the challenge ahead if the opportunity arises. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Centre mid/centre half? Surely our strongest positions already....or is this confirmation that Ross and Polworth are offski? Sad to hear Ofere is not joining us. Hope there's a plan B.

Polworth signed a new one year deal last week.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1