New Away Strip

Harry Chibber

I see some clubs (especially those who are sponsored by alcohol and gambling firms) bring out sponsorless kits at times.  Will we ever do that?

I think the new away kit is pretty smart but I wouldn't fancy going to games with Subway written across me.

They have to do that for kids strips. 

So if you want one, wait until we are sponsored by either an alcohol or gambling company, and then shrink yourself to the size of a child. Bingo!

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
Still can't type

Is the strip available yet? 

Call me a pessimist, but I can see us making less money out of shirt sales this season than we did in the last couple of seasons under the presumably less profitable Errea deal. Supporters buy into pre and early season optimism - quite literally when it comes to buying merchandise - but after our bad start, I fear that people will be less willing to part with their cash for these kits than they would have been if they were in stock a month ago. The net result being a reduced income stream for the club through sheer incompetence on the part of either the club, Carbrini, or both.

Do season ticket holders still get the 10% discount at jd 

apparently not. I did think we'd get the same deal as the Scotland supporters club? 

No word of the strip either according to the nice assistant. 

Plots of stuff in stock tho. Tshirts Tops and 2 kinds of jackets. 

Is the strip available yet? 

Call me a pessimist, but I can see us making less money out of shirt sales this season than we did in the last couple of seasons under the presumably less profitable Errea deal. Supporters buy into pre and early season optimism - quite literally when it comes to buying merchandise - but after our bad start, I fear that people will be less willing to part with their cash for these kits than they would have been if they were in stock a month ago. The net result being a reduced income stream for the club through sheer incompetence on the part of either the club, Carbrini, or both.

as the club are not selling them I assume it doesn't matter how many they sell. I think the club will get their money regardless. 

I genuinely don't understand how the club are at fault regarding this. Birmingham City's kit is not on sale until September due to manufacturing  issues with carbrini which I can only assume we are in the same boat - what else can the club do then?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Maybe the club could be chasing up what the reasons are.

If they already have, maybe they could update us fans on the situation.

Even if JD don't know then maybe someone at the club could say such things.. let us know they are trying, yeah?

Or, you know... just none of the above.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I genuinely don't understand how the club are at fault regarding this. Birmingham City's kit is not on sale until September due to manufacturing  issues with carbrini which I can only assume we are in the same boat - what else can the club do then?

We are the only team in the Premiership who haven't got our new strip on sale. I think that's pretty poor to be honest and as TheKarl says would a wee update be too much to ask for?

• Agree 1

Not sign a deal with a joke brand.

The deal with Carbrini and JD must be good financially for the club to take it. I also think that the quality of the merchandise is much better than Errea had provided for us. I can't see there being much of a difference in waiting until September because I know fans will still buy the kits. Fair enough we missed the perfect opportunity during the European games vs Astra to sell them but I think we will still have a good number of them sold when they do eventually go on sale. 

I've just had a quick lok at the kit on JD, too much Cabrini going on for my liking. I hope the actual shirts, (when they surface), have less of it.

Quite like the Tee's and Polo's but totally put of by Cabrini across the back. I'd imagine many others will not make purchases because of this.

• Agree 1

The deal with Carbrini and JD must be good financially for the club to take it. I also think that the quality of the merchandise is much better than Errea had provided for us. I can't see there being much of a difference in waiting until September because I know fans will still buy the kits. Fair enough we missed the perfect opportunity during the European games vs Astra to sell them but I think we will still have a good number of them sold when they do eventually go on sale. 

That is the crux of the issue for a lot of people - a big opportunity to cash in on the success of last season leading into this season looks like it has been lost.

• Agree 2